Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • fork rechroming?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

does anyone know where i can get some old, sadly now a bit rusty, chrome forks re-chromed?

wwaswas

I’d imagine it depends how pitted they are but most rechromers will probably have a go.

Trick will be to get them to fill any uneveness with brass rather than grind them down, I’d imagine.

I’d look up places that do old car bumpers etc.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

These guys http://stchrome.co.uk/ were very patient with me when I was contemplating having a full frame chromed a while back….. They aren’t cycling specific, but do a lot of classic car/bike restoration work so may be able to help.

tinsy
    Free Member

edit, what type of forks are you talking about, steel racer forks or chrome leg suspension forks?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

racer, from an early 80’s barry chick. columbus tubing. the old chrome has just gone a bit rusty, but too much to clean up.

long and short is that i was quite taken with a wilier single/fixie in the local shop the other day, then it occured to me, i had this great looking and way better frame sat doing nothing so i’m toying with setting it up as said fixie. the frame paint is great, just nice patina, but the forks are scruffy.

tinsy
    Free Member

Just need your local yellow pages I think, explain to them the kind of finish your after, there are different chromes it seems from when I have had bits done, & its the time in the preperation they would need to do to achive the result your after that costs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘fork rechroming?’ is closed to new replies.