Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork options. What a minefield!
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m looking for a fork for a new hardtail build and am being bamboozled by the many different standards that there are now.

I’d like one that has boost spacing and the ability to run 27.5+ and 29 x 2.3 tyres. The best option I’ve found so far is the x fusion mcqueen which is around the right price but surely there must be others that match my criteria. Are there other forks that don’t explicitly say that they’ll take both wheel sizes but actually do? 🤔

slackman99
    Free Member

Fox 34 Boost 29 will fit 27.5×3  and ‘apparently’ 29×3

kelron
    Free Member

The McQueen is great, get the roughcut version if it’s in budget. Not sure what the max tyre sizes are but it has loads of clearance with 29×2.3.

forge197
    Free Member

What Kelron said running 27.5×2.6 in mine, have the roughcut version on my hardtail very nice fork and good value, realively to the price of new forks !

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s given me all the reassurance I needed to go with the x-fusion. They get great reviews but wasn’t sure whether to go with the RL or rough cut version. I’ve ordered the rough cut ones. A big saving over similar rockshox or fox so I hope they’ll live up to the hype!

Lester
    Free Member

some Yaris are 650b+ and 29er

they may be boost only options

i just happen to have a set if you are interested, and at a god price 🙂

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Pretty much any 29er fork with boost spacing will work with 27.5+ .

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Hmm so much for that idea. The x fusions have sold out. The search continues.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork options. What a minefield!’ is closed to new replies.