Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fork length on a ti456
  • lungman

Good morning all, now I know the ti456 can take upto a 6 inch fork my question is what travel fork are people using? is the best compromise a 140mm fork? now I hate compromise so i’m going for the full 150mm/160mm travel and see how it works but i’m interested in what other people have found.

Cheers for reading my drivel

Jay

Wally

older 130 revs here.

vinnyeh

I’m not too sure that thinking anything less than a 6″ fork is a compromise.
    I’ve got 140 Fox Float RLC’s on at the moment, which replaced some U-turn revs which I ran at 115mm. I’m think that I’m not really noticing the extra travel so much as the improved damping control and line holding ability (qr15) through rock gardens and really cut up stuff.
    On the other hand, with the revs set short, the bike was phenomenally quick and responsive on smoother and tight singletrack. Every forkI think is going to be a compromise, unless your riding the same type of stuff all the time- I probably should have bought a Talas, but the price for the Floats was too good to pass up.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Pikes set at 130 mostly, anything over tends to make the front a bit light on the ups.

heihei

Pikes here too @ 140mm but am tempted to try something longer. I have some coil U-Turn Lyrics on another bike that I might try which will allow experimentation between 115mm and 160mm.

firestarter
    Free Member

that sounds good im mid build on my 456 and took the talas from my sus to put on it rather than the floats 🙂

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Pikes at 140mm here. Don’t think I’d want anything longer that wasn’t travel adjustable.

lungman

cheers for the responce i was thinking fox 36 talas so i could drop the travel to 130mm if needed, but still have the 160mm for the fun stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fork length on a ti456’ is closed to new replies.