Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fork and shock pressure: how often do you check them?
  • bonni

As above.

I check every couple of months of weekly riding, or if I feel it might be a bit saggy. What’s normal?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When the o ring pops off the shock, or the forks feel as if they’re sitting low.

Otherwise, never.

singlespeedstu

Not very often as I’ve swapped to coil on almost everything I own.😜

dhrider
    Free Member

I know by feel now so never check unless it feels different to usual.

simonloco
    Free Member

Every 5 rides or so or if it’s been sat. Also depends what/where I’m riding.

andy4d

When i had cheap Recons i checked every few rides and more often then not they needed a top up. The 2 sets of Fox i have these days seem to hold the air fine so never really check any more unless i am in a fettling mood.

mattyfez

I just go by sag.
    Basically it’s never/very infrequent. I just check more often for the sake of letting the air out and pumping it back again as I find it weirdly satisfying cause I’m weird like that.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

About every ride, which sounds a lot but as I only manage to get out at best once a month at the moment its also ‘once a month’. 🙁

jimdubleyou

When I’m changing something (e.g. going bike packing).

So, rarely…

parkesie
    Free Member

Set them up mess about then pretty much never.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Only if they start to feel a bit ‘off’.

nickc

Same as Stu, everything is coil, so my pump is gathering dust.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

About every five minutes whilst Im riding, thats if I ve not ridden home to check the back door is locked or Im not checking my stem bolt torque

simondbarnes

When I buy new ones, so once every several years.

phil5556

I hadn’t checked mine for about a year and felt fine still.

Just been serviced so I’m currently playing around as the back feels a bit soft. Probably after the next ride out I won’t touch it again for a year.

grimep
    Free Member

I’ve literally just put some air in my fork for the first time in 18 years. Bit too hard now, might let some out again.

As for the rear I finally replaced it a couple of weeks ago. Realised the negative chamber has been leaking for years and years- perfectly rideable, just a bit slow. Getting harder to source spares for older specced bikes, or perhaps the online shops make it a little harder for you to find bargain priced bits and steer you towards the premium bits

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fork and shock pressure: how often do you check them?’ is closed to new replies.