Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Forgetting you're wearing your helmet of other bike gear / clothing
  • kaesae
    Free Member

There are times when I completely forget I’m wearing my bike gear, anyone else do this?

tomhoward

There was a time when I forgot to wear bike gear.

The local constabulary took a dim view….

zimbo
    Free Member

Only the time I accidentally went to the Blue Oyster Bar accidentally wearing just my lycra shorts. Still, I had a nice evening, even though I had to push the bike home.

project
    Free Member

used to really annoy the ex wife when i got into bed still wearing a helmet and knee pads, i would just tell her, best to always wear protection.

meehaja
    Free Member

I am acutely aware when I am wearing lycra off the bike, as without a bike I feel like a sex pest.

I spent 5 months living in a hotel, and to get to my room I had to walk through reception and the bar. Having left the bike in the car, walking through in lycra would get all number of wolf whistles and comments.

The worst thing though is post ride beers, when I sling a pair of jeans on after riding, quick blast with deodorant and to the pub. 1 becomes 2 becomes 3 becomes 4 and I wake up with my sheets covered in mud because I forgot to shower when I got home and my shins were covered in mud.

TiRed

Took a TC at work on Friday in my full Lycra, helmet and cycling boots because I arrived too late to change. Nobody in our open plan office batted an eyelid. Quality kit mind 😉 .

The best helmets are the ones you forget you are wearing. Never bothers me if I leave it on around the shops.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah, I forget all about wearing my helmet sometimes, you just get used to it!

maccruiskeen

Nobody in our open plan office batted an eyelid

Not being able to blink is more a signal of blind terror than casual complacency 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I always remember what clothes I’m wearing – cycling clothes, work clothes, casual bottoms & slippers, etc. Although I expect the ability to do so to diminish with advancing senility.

samuri
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve ever forgotten, although I sometimes forget to put my day spectacles on rather than my riding pair which are all scratched.

Sometimes, when I go for a poo in a rush, I have a brief panic that I’ve not pulled my trousers down before actually pooing. I expect that’s a bit different to what you’re talking about. (I’ve never actually forgotten to pull my trousers down yet mind)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Like many on here, I frequently forget I’m a helmet.

footflaps

Used to headbutt cash point every time I went to one with my motorbike lid on, forgot how large it makes your head!

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

No, but I forgot I had a guitar in a backpack type carrier the other week and got tangled up in a tree with low branches.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Forgetting you're wearing your helmet of other bike gear / clothing’ is closed to new replies.