Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Forest of Dean – what are the trails like?
  • tetrode
    Free Member

Yeah we were up doing work on Alien wednesday night and all the borrow pits we dug were dry as dust, weird when it was actively raining at the same time!

HobNob
    Free Member

That side of the hill is slightly weird like that, unfortunately also why everything is wrecked quickly.

Whereas the other side of the quarry is dry about 3 days a year!

doomanic

Thanks guys. Sounds like the boss will be getting her list of DIY done this weekend instead.

weeksy

Thanks guys. Sounds like the boss will be getting her list of DIY done this weekend instead.

Why ? It’s a decent fun place in the wet and mud… as decent as most anyway…. But you’ll be getting wet legs and a muddy bike.
    Use the bike wash, get a coffee… it’s all good 🙂

doomanic

Why? Because I’m still recovering from a ruptured bicep tendon and torn rotator cuff that I re-injured 6 weeks ago. I can’t see the point in getting wet and muddy if I’m only going for a bimble.

tetrode
    Free Member

We were out last night with our group for a night ride at the cycle centre and it was torrential rain the whole ride. Feel like I’ve pleased the winter riding gods now but it is going to be absolutely soaked here in the forest all weekend.

colp

Loved it.

Did a warm up on the blue trail, fast and fun on the ebike.
    Sessioned the little line of tables for a bit at the top of the push up where the trails start, then did GBU a few times.
    Had a go on corkscrew which was a nice flow trail type thing, then back onto GBU.
    Last jumps took a bit of figuring out: you need to squash the table after the first little step down which then sorts you out for the rest of the line.

Definitely want to come back and explore more, if you’re a local you’re very lucky!

doomanic

I did go in the end. Took the idiot hound who knackered herself out in 4km of the Blue chasing squirrels so we dropped her back at the car and did Elephant Man, Vape, Bear Trap and GBU into End to finish. Only a slow one today but no pain in my shoulder whatsoever, so I’m happy.

weeksy

Nice job!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Slashing down again.

joebristol

Winter tyre time in the forest now folks

tetrode
    Free Member

Winter tyres but also time to get out the tools and help with some maintenance!

weeksy

Winter tyres but also time to get out the tools and help with some maintenance!

When is this done matey ? We’re over there in a few weeks on the 20th (Sunday), i will be riding all day on the 19th for coaching, so may not want to ride on the 20th… but happy to shovel.

HobNob
    Free Member

Depends, if you want to dig ‘officially’ you can join the DTV dig days. They are mostly maintaining the existing official trail network. I think they dig at weekends usually, but I’ve never been involved to be honest.

Unofficially, well, it’s mostly locals & dig groups are just a bunch of friends out doing things they probably shouldn’t be.

As someone who does dig in a group who are probably a bit selective with what we do & where. I would say if you want to go out & do maintenance to off-piste stuff, crack on, if you’re just fixing up berms, braking bumps, re-benching stuff then you will always get a thumbs up from the builders 🙂

weeksy

i assumed he meant officially on the dedicated trails which is where i’d like to help.

tetrode
    Free Member

Yeah dedicated trails you can sign up for DTV who usually do digs on wednesdays and saturdays but I was mainly on about the other kind of trails. Best time of year to sort out drainage, fix berms etc.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.