• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by sp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forest of Dean Trail Conditions???
  • sp
    Free Member

Anybody local to the Forest of Dean able to advise on the trail conditions? Do I need to dig out the Trailrakers ❓

sp
    Free Member

bump

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m sure it’ll be dry as a bone, it is here in Cardiff.

iDrew
    Free Member

It’s dry, but bitterly cold. Was -4 again when I left for work this morning. We still have some snow lying around (not much) from when it snowed earlier in the week.

sp
    Free Member

Thanks all 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

Just got back from the FOD, parts are frozen solid and other parts (Where in the sun) are thawed out so its a mixture of loamy mud and hardpack. I had Trailrakers on, but saying that I always have this time of year.

sp
    Free Member

Thanks sheldon, please ask Peter to contact me re the infamous FoD rides.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Its freezing here again in the shade.My car has frozen over since I got in from work at 4. Its been warmer, the ponds have melted although Mallards Pike was solid at 4pm on Weds. Reckon it’ll be lumpy and bumpy out there.

sheldona
    Free Member

Cannop Ponds are still Frozen solid.

Sp, Peter will no doubt see this thread but if not next time I see him I’ll tell him you were after him.

marvintheandroid
    Free Member

It was lovely out in the forest last night, crunchy white under the wheels but the air was quite mild (well above freezing anyway). Only stuck to the main trails though.

Marv

sp
    Free Member

Thanks folks, should arrive 10-10.30 in the morning Brrrrrrr

sp
    Free Member

What a day, cold but stunning…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean Trail Conditions???’ is closed to new replies.