Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Forest of Dean stem length?
  • pigyn
    Free Member

I am going to be riding the forest of dean on Monday, is it a long stem or short stem kind of place?

singlespeedstu

67.523mm is the correct length for the FoD. 🙄

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Edited to get the hook out of my mouth.

lcj

There was a thread on stem length for the FoD a while back. I think if you search WTF it will come up.

Sorry, I don't like to seem on unhelpful but on this occasion I can't stop myself, so that's how it seems.

avdave2

67.523mm is the correct length for the FoD

At what angle?

singlespeedstu

At what angle?

That depends on if the trails are wet or dry.

Jamie
    Free Member

At what angle?

Acute.

njee20
    Free Member

I like reflex angle stems there, it has a unique gravitational pull. All joking aside, around the FoD your head angle is more important. 70 degrees and you will die.

lcj

70 degrees and you will die.

I think your data needs updating. After the opening of the uplift service this was revised to a steepest recommendation of 69 degrees, to ensure compliance with the influx of Rad.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

the gravitational Constant of boars is G x 1.5, this has a surprisingly large effect

njee20
    Free Member

Sorry lcj you're quite right, I'm using obsolete data, I didn't factor in the current lunar phase either. What's the current Radcoregnarl constant, is it still 0.390283?

poppa
    Free Member

Get back to the classifieds. It's safer there.

tamworthcrowd
    Free Member

Also note that the maximum chainstay length in the FoD is regulated to 450mm. National Park rangers patrol the area and help out with a pair of bolt cutters to ensure compliance.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

85mm

steve_b77
    Free Member

Radcoregnarl constant has been adjusted to 0.390287 since the start of gnarlphaze 3.71.892-B on the 13th Sunday of 'power of sik-over' duh!!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Thats metal ones for visitors. us locals use a y shaped stick. hazel is very good but must be cut when the sap is rising not falling. Yew for the bars

theotherjonv

I'd recommend an adjustable angle stem.

Then you can have it high and short for radcore styling, and then quickly flip it to long and low when you need to outrun gangs of locals intent on dragging you into their genepool. Through the back door, so to speak. To the sound of banjos.

lcj

Sorry lcj you're quite right, I'm using obsolete data, I didn't factor in the current lunar phase either. What's the current Radcoregnarl constant, is it still 0.390283?

Radcoregnarl constant has been adjusted to 0.390287 since the start of gnarlphaze 3.71.892-B on the 13th Sunday of 'power of sik-over' duh!!

SteveB77 has this right njee20. It does, however, depend on the tyre being used.

Onzadog
    Free Member

..then onto Oxford Circus via the Central line

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean stem length?’ is closed to new replies.