Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Forest of Dean GPS route / local knowledge please?
  • MadPierre

I’m gonna be staying with friends near the Forest of Dean for the bank holiday weekend. Will (obviously) be slinging a bike in the car…

Anyone know of / got any routes I could do? I understand it’s a bit tricky to find the “good stuff” without local knowledge? I’ve got one of them new fangled GPS devices (Satmap) so a .gpx file would be fan dabby dozy….!

Cheers

PS HT or FS?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Its rooty on many of the single track stuff so FS good but not the downhiller as the downhill tracks are not very bumpy. Watch the weather as if its been raining it will be sticky. get an OS map and you will see a cross roads in the middle of the wooded bit. The cycle centre is in 1 quarter with plenty on the hill side above it. Diagonally across the qaurters is Speech House. Lots in there and well crossed by gravel and the family trail. The section nearest Cinderford is flatter and the oppo section across the raod from Cannop ponds is steep and does include a nature reserve. Draw a triangle between Ellwod, Bream amd Parkend and there’s lots in there. GPS doesn’t work well because of the trees and I doubt any of the locals bother. Try asking at the cycle centre of tagging on to some one.

MadPierre

Turns out I might have been mis-informed!

Gonna be staying nearer Ludlow!! Anyone got owt round there? I know there are DH courses at Bringewood…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean GPS route / local knowledge please?’ is closed to new replies.