Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Forest of Dean enduro. What's it like ?
  • There's not much information on the website.
    http://www.rdfcc.org.uk/
    Not much turns up on here with a search.
    Anyone done it ?
    Anyone doing it this year ?

r6ymy
    Free Member

I did it a couple of years ago. Not really into racing, but it was a great course, lots of really good single track both up and down, and a few climbs on access roads. It's a well run event, I'm considering doing it again this year.

Dancake
    Free Member

Got my entry yesterday (2 laps)

Have not done it before so I look forward to it. Dont know what bike to take though. Fancy the Big wheeled SS 'cos it's new but the trusty 456 will probably be the sensible choice for me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

Would have done it but nenham 60 is on that weekend 🙁

peteimpreza

Last year they reduced the fire road and increased the single track to about 90% of the course.

"Last year they reduced the fire road and increased the single track to about 90% of the course."

OK, you just sold it to me. I'm in. 😀

richardk
    Free Member

Really good fun, second only to the old (1992) Newnham course in Plymouth for course quality. Good singletrack, enough fireroad to overtake (well, be overtaken for me).

Did it a few years ago and it wasn't full of the ego-fuelled "pro-elite rider coming through on the right" either, so really good atmosphere.

GaryLake
    Free Member

How far is a lap?

peteimpreza

10 miles

peteimpreza

"OK, you just sold it to me. I'm in. "

Let's hope the course is the same then. 😯

Candodavid
    Free Member

Fantastic event, cracking singletrack, looking forward to this years on rigid 29 SS for me

jimster
    Free Member

I wish they'd move it back a week – it always clashes with our main holiday / anniversary…

flatfish
    Free Member

i'm already in, missed the last two years through holiday and then illness so looking forward to it.
    course is much the same as the ssec course.

cheers_drive

It's the day after the Afan Monster isn't it? I've heard good things about the FoD enduro but I doubt my legs will be up to it after 100k the day before.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I am in for the 4 laps.

Bedds
    Free Member

I've done it.. awesome as people have said, doesn't have the copious toilets and trade stalls of other events, but the circuit is spot on.. I live about 3 miles from it, it'll be the same as in previous years – all apart from the fact the trail is now bedded in and riding lovely 🙂

I'm in for two laps.. can't wait 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean enduro. What's it like ?’ is closed to new replies.