Forecast is lovely, who’s out this weekend?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Forecast is lovely, who’s out this weekend?
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Just as I start a renewed training effort, the forecast is for endless rain. I thought I’d head out just before the rain started this morning but it’s now lashing it down before I’ve finished my coffee.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Hoping to be out this evening, even if wet…. Of course, there’s WET and wet…. if it’s WET…. i’ll be on Zwift.

Sunday, hoping to be at Swinley… .with the same caveat of course.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Bike’s at the LBS being mended.

Rollers for me

Merak

Im off out to spectate at the RAC rally. 🙂

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

I’ve got all next week off so it’s guaranteed to rain all week.

I’d like to get out a few times if possible!

Marin

In the Lakes for the weekend wearing waterproofs

P-Jay

Mate wants to take his new car to Nant y Arian, I’m struggling to think of another TC are badly exposed to wind and rain, so it’s probably going to be character building, but I love the place so hey ho.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

It might be lovely where you are but it’s looking ropy here in the midlands.
    That means it’s running for me, much more pleasant when the weather is crap.

GolfChick

Yeah looking pretty ropy in the West Midlands for tomorrow which is annoying as I really need to head out both days. Sunday is looking better so it’ll be winter roadie as a minimum. Zwift tonight.

Premier Icon hairyscary
    Subscriber

Aboyne was very wet today.
    The Forestry Commission Forwarders have made a good job of the climb up to Birsemore 🙁

wordnumb

Checked the forecast Wednesday, went for a nice long autumnal ride Thursday morning in the dry, I can take or leave the weekend.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Hoping for something Sunday

Weekend after should be perfect weather – MrsMC is away and I’ve got to get the downstairs completely redecorated, so you can guarantee it will be ideal winter cycling conditions

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Ftp test indoors Sunday.  Then, from Wednesday onwards it’s Base training in cold & damp…

tjagain

Molgrips – you are not made of sugar you will not dissolve in the rain!

It’s that time of year in the south east,leaves off trees etc ….time to do some trail refurbishment .

Premier Icon jonm81
    Subscriber

Tried to avoid the weekends rain and went out for 31 miles around Dorset this afternoon. It didn’t work and I still got very wet 🙁

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Sunday for sure, maybe tomorrow but perhaps a run instead.

Premier Icon SaxonRider
    Subscriber

@molgrips, ygm.

Well, not mail really. A text.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Molgrips – you are not made of sugar you will not dissolve in the rain!

Can’t resist the chance to have dig can you Jez? 🙂

Premier Icon doomanic
    Subscriber

FoD on Sunday. Mallards probably. It’ll be fine…

Premier Icon w00dster
    Subscriber

Woburn Sunday for me, maybe a couple of hours Saturday with the dog as well….depends if I can be bothered to clean the bike twice this weekend!

tjagain

If its any help moley thats what my mother said to me just a tease not a dig.
    – and I thought you were being serious, I looked at the forecast hopefully then and decided a day by the fire will do me. cycling in the rain is miserable 🙂

sorry dude – that maybe did not come over as I intended

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I think that’s the first time I’ve seen the Edinburgh defence properly deployed.

Premier Icon timidwheeler
    Subscriber

We’re in the Peak District with our campervan. I got a yellow warning of misery from the Met Office this morning so the bikes are staying in the dry and we are going hiking.
    I’ve packed waterproof jackets, hats, gloves, trousers, boots and gaiters. And the van, we could just stay in the van, with the heating on…

giantlee75

I have a new fat bike that needs to be christened….so I am off out over the Chase irrespective of what the weather is going …if you see a bright pink Ice Cream Truck, give us a wave 😉

Lee

Premier Icon doomanic
    Subscriber

Cannock Chase? You poor bugger.

Mrs M is full of cold, which I appear to be coming down with so no riding for me.  That and it’s grey and particularly uninviting.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

Miserable rain here on the sarfcarst.. QECP with be squelchy trail running it.

Oh! Slippy roots.. lovely 🤩🥴💦

dpfr

Grounded- stinking cold. I’ll bake a lemon drizzle cake for the Sale v La Rochelle rugby game tomorrow instead

wordnumb

Timed almost perfectly this morning, just started raining as I rode home. Actually helped clean the bike. And my jacket. And my face.

Cake. Good suggestion.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Went to town for a present for my Mum – inconsiderate woman that she has a birthday so close to Christmas (although to be fair when she was born it wasn’t really close at all) it was rammed obvs, consequently just got back.

May run as the trails will be a mess and the roads were awful. Road ride tomorrow am hopefully.

jakd95

Filthy 30k up and down the Brown Clee this morning. Everything is completely saturated, glad I made the effort though.

It might not be dry, but it’s the mildest temp I’m aware of in Southampton since I returned from a chilly Prestatyn 11 days ago…

Won’t be going out again though, I’ve had ~4 hours outdoor time today through cycle commuting and delivering, trying to rustle up some energy and enthusiasm to set the turbo up!

Premier Icon ta11pau1
    Subscriber

RRP bolt on mudguard fitted in the rain, I’m ready for the slop. Hopefully get out tomorrow, probably over to Surrey hills.

Premier Icon fettlin
    Subscriber

FOD for me tomorrow. First time out in a couple of months so I’ll be blowing!

Don’t care about the weather, I can’t wait!

trumpton

I’ll be out Sunday doing a local urban, country park and cheeky trail ride.

Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

It was mildly moist in QECP today, and many many MTB’ers….

Premier Icon Pyro
    Subscriber

Due to a cock-up in communications with mates, I ended up doing a gentle spin round the Blue and the South Red at Whinlatter on my tod. Didn’t get rained on and had a lovely ride.

Alex

FoD then Yat. It’ll be an all-dayer. It’s double mudguard and hardtail weather. Doesn’t look like it’ll be raining tho and it’s warm-ish as well.

Cwmcarn on Tuesday was dry and lovely.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.