Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Forecast for the weekend is poo: whats your plans?
  • ahsat

We had planned to celebrate our anniversary (a weekend early as I am away for work next week) by going biking. Made even more important by me being back after 7 months of injury and not having that many weekends together due to work. Had planned to go to Peebles or Lake District for the weekend but the weather forecast is rubbish. Doesn’t seem wasting our money on the rain, so will likely spend the weekend from home and making the most of Newcastle and riding if we can.

Whats your plans?

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve agreed to guide a group on the Tox, Friday, Sat and Sunday, which means i’ll probably be camping and wearing the previous days wet gear, nice!

There will no doubt be beer, cake and cream teas over those days, WIN.

allthepies
    Free Member

Beer festival

ps44
    Free Member

If I was here I’d be windsurfing
    But I’m flying to Oz 😀
    So mostly I’ll be sitting in an aeroplane 🙁

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Off to Morzine on Saturday. Weather is crap there too.

_tom_
    Free Member

FoD uplift planned but might cancel if it’s definitely gonna be shite, I cba to drive 2 hours down to ride in muddy shite.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If my new bike turns up which I very much doubt then come rain or shine I WILL be going for a spin.

Failing that then I’m on the ale.

votchy
    Free Member

Paintballing Saturday for a mates 40th, RIAT sunday for lots of fast noisy military aircraft

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Assuming I get pass, Exmoor on Sunday with Roly et al.

donsimon
    Free Member

Should be taking photos of the Campeonato de España but it looks like the car won’t be ready, so I will probably ride over and just spectate and say adios to a few people.

yunki
    Free Member

Tox on Saturday.. big family do on Sunday.. Dartmoor on Monday.. 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Did have plans to go walk up The Glyders in North Wales on Sat with some likeminded friends. but it looks like a washout. again. Had a good mtb today and Mon to keep me going for a bit though. Might just spend the day catching up with crap that needs catching up with 😕

hugor
    Free Member

Beer festival

I like beer. Where is the festival?

saladdodger
    Free Member

OF and crispybacons exmoor ride for me on sunday 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

getting wet and muddy saturday and sunday

Candodavid
    Free Member

Solo Mendip ride on sunday, 😥

donsimon
    Free Member

getting wet and muddy saturday and sunday

Any biking though? 😉

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Trans Alps 😀 no option to bail out 😀

Sandwich

Sisters wedding on Saturday, working Sunday afternoon. Wife and me have 100 desserts to make tomorrow evening between us! I’m going to need a drink Saturday!

Sionwms
    Free Member

Hopefully ride Penmachno unless the weather is really shite which it probably will be….. So In that case I’ll be buying the Harry Potter boxset and watching that 🙂
    Ooops did I say Harry potter I meant Rocky 🙄

Oxboy
    Free Member

Towing the caravan to Dorset for 2 weeks with the mrs and our 5 little ones.
    Hope the weather peeps are wrong 😕

Mintman
    Free Member

Already paid for a track day at Donington in my Westfield. It’s going to be a wet and slippery one I fear…

pitduck
    Free Member

work sat work sun 😥

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I forecast a poo on both saturday and sunday. Saturdays one will be a curry poo and may sting a bit, sundays may be an instant pan filling beer poo.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Sionwms – penmachno was great today, just a few sploshy puddles here and there. it’s the best you can hope for!

soulwood
    Free Member

Working night shifts, so I’m glad it’s raining:)

alpin
    Free Member

hacken bei tegernsee am sonntag….

jetzt schlafen

grantway
    Free Member

Taking the Mrs to Alicante to buy an Apartment
    And also to do some planned riding later in the year.
    Mrs gets the sun and beach i get both and some Guaranteed future riding
    instead of going all the way to Wales and its pissing bloody down :mrgreen:

speshspenner
    Free Member

Working night shifts, so I’m glad it’s raining:)

I love going to bed off nights when it’s raining…drifting off to sleep with the sound of rain outside Mmmmmm.
    Was supposed to be camping and going to the Cumberland show on Saturday in Carlisle, but the forcast is poo, probably just stop at home and work on my new extension, digging drains 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Doesn’t look great, so gym or local rides between the showers will see

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Sorting the drivetrain/slipping gears…

…hopefully.

Testing between the rains.

Got my big ride in during the week :))

Cheers
    Paul

warton
    Free Member

doing the road coast to coast on saturday. was hoping for a beautiful day, like last year, ut it looks like it’s going to be a slog instead!

h4muf
    Free Member

Mintman – Member
    Already paid for a track day at Donington in my Westfield. It’s going to be a wet and slippery one I fear…

I’ve got one too 🙂

Good luck!

santacoops
    Free Member

Nude lunges in the garden.

oldgit
    Free Member

Never check the forecasts and don’t look out of the window.

Enjoy your ride, I will.

saxabar
    Free Member

Best do some work – I’ve been riding three days already this week.

forge197
    Free Member

Actually good point need to service one bike so will add that to the list!!!

carlos
    Free Member

Saturday with the Mrs, don’t know what we’re doing yet as she’s not told me. Rivington Sunday morning on the Mtb then help a mate move house.

charliedontsurf

Surfing. Works well with cycling… If the weather craps out and cycling looks horrible, the surf normally picks up.
    And the sea is not freezing right now.

Mounty_73

Planned on no riding this weekend, as I was out riding Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs and may be today….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Forecast for the weekend is poo: whats your plans?’ is closed to new replies.