Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ford transit courier. A quick review for anyone in the market for a small van.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

What an absolute blast of a van. Had a sport version for the weekend as my proper transit is in for some tlc.
    So what can I say, 1 litre turbo’d petrol , I did have to check up on that as it’s proper nippy off the mark, pulls quickly through the range, it does bog a little if you shift quickly and want an instant hit but it’s still fun. As for the handling, it’s sharp, turns in well and you can push it on the corners. When I picked it up I had to swap some stuff out of my van in to the courier, immediately assumed I’d have to dismantle my enduro gnarpoon but much to my surprise it fitted in diagonally, upright and with seat post fully extended, chucked all the tubs and buckets of gear around the bike that I thought I may need for work on Monday. Took a trip to cannock on Saturday with laddo so now 2 bikes in the back, took the front wheels off and put them in upside down on bars and seat again diagonally, still loads of room for kit. Returned 45mpg with some very spirited driving at times.
    If I was in the market for a 2 seater bike hauler it would definitely be a top contender.

RustyNissanPrairie

It’s still a Ford therefore crap. My Transhit and it’s thrown crankshaft pulley 100mile from home.

Tracey

Whats up with the van. Is it still the oil problem

wrightyson
    Free Member

Replaced injector number 4 as it was over fuelling and that was causing early thinning of the oil apparently. All done so off to hand back the little van now. It’s been fun!

Tracey

Fingers crossed that its sorted for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ford transit courier. A quick review for anyone in the market for a small van.’ is closed to new replies.