Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ford transit connect tourneo
  • shipton47
    Free Member

I’m about to order a transit connect tourneo and debating between the 100 or 120ps Diesel engine, what are people’s experience of these as don’t want to wish hot the other one. Cheers in advance

tthew

What gearbox is the 100bhp one mated to now? It used to be that only the 120 engine got the 6 speed gearbox, don’t know if that’s changed with the facelifted version.

I’ve got a 120bhp van. I like it, never driven any of the lower powered versions but mine doesn’t feel massively fast even though it’s generally lightly loaded.

shipton47
    Free Member

Cheers, they both have the 6 speed gear box now

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

The 120 engine was a by-product of having a 6 speed box on my list of definite requirements. There was some other stuff too like cruise control, air-con, DAB radio and if you’re having a Ford you definitely want the Quick Clear windscreen. All this ended up getting me a Limited spec van, which I think was a brilliant choice in the end. This will last me long enough that I’ll be on a BEV when it needs replacing, I hope they’ll make an electric version when it comes time, I’ll be all over that.

wzzzz
    Free Member

If you are carrying more than 3 people or something heavy regular I’d say the 100 is gonna feel slow and struggle a bit. You are always carrying round the weight of the seats and stuff over the van. That may or may not bother you and it will be perfectly “adequate” either way.

Test drive them both? make your own mind up….

I’d have one if they did a more car like 150 engine. They do a 170 petrol in the USA, suppose they don’t do a bigger power here because the aerodynamics aren’t great and would bump up the tax and they wouldn’t sell many vans with it which is the bulk of the sales I guess.

furryaardvark
    Free Member

Ive never seen one, didnt realise it exists. I’ll take more notice next time Im bored rigid on a motorway
    What are the seats like ? How does it compare to say a Berlingo and a vw caddy maxi life ???

Tracey

We were lucky to get one of the 150hp ecobost petrol ones. 1.6 auto. Came with all the extras. Great vehicle for biking duties.
    However I can understand why they didn’t sell that many as the fuel economy on them is atrocious.

CountZero

What are the seats like ? How does it compare to say a Berlingo and a vw caddy maxi life ???

Seats are great, they’re very car-like to drive, (as are the big Transits, apart from being a lot bigger!)
    We get quite a few in at work, along with Berlingos, Partners, VW Caddies, Fiat Doblos…
    The older Berlingos and Partners I hate with a passion, they’re horribly uncomfortable to drive as the seats don’t go back very far, the pedals are positioned so that you can’t stretch your left leg out beside the pedals as there’s a stupid footrest in the way, so if you’ve got longish legs, they’re bent in such a way that your foot is angled upwards.if I was tasked with driving one 200+ miles back from Cornwall, after half an hour into a nearly three hour drive I’d be in so much discomfort I’d be almost in tears!
    I did have to drive a very new Berlingo last week, which was almost SUV-like, and a much, much nicer vehicle to drive!
    Caddies are lovely to drive, even the Doblo is nicer to drive than the older Berlingos and Partners, but the Fords and VW’s are really nice to be in.
    As mentioned, the Ford has the heated screen, and if they’ve got the newer ‘floating screen’ infotainment system with CarPlay, and satnav, that’s a really well-sorted system that links with a phone without any real effort, using it with my new car continually surprises me with how well it works.
    Ford seats are very comfy too.
    My issues with Berlingos and Partners is also compounded by my having osteoarthritis in my left knee, which increases the discomfort when my knee is kept bent for extended periods.
    This is the latest Berlingo, much better than the older van-based one…

DickBarton

How old are the berlingos you refer to? I’ve got last shape and find it amazingly comfy for long journeys…I’m only 6’1″ with 34″ legs so may not be long enough for the discomfort…but I find the foot rest comfy.
    Doesn’t help the op question but I’d say the 120 only because it is more than 100…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ford transit connect tourneo’ is closed to new replies.