Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ford (Mondeo) Pwershift dual clutch auto gearboxes
  • theotherjonv

Looking at a 2010 estate with one, any views on them, specifically reliability?

joeegg
    Free Member

Not driven one but reports are good.I did read that its about £1800 replacement clutch time.
    Just collecting a Mondeo on Saturday,2009 model.Managed to get a low mileage one,22k.Went for the 1.8 tdci as there is no dpf,and its powerful enough for me.

theotherjonv

Estate or hatch? Do you mind me asking where and how much?

ElShalimo

Stupid question: how do you know it doesn’t have a dpf?
    I thought any car meeting Euro4 emissions had to have one or is it newer Euro5 compliant and a new design?
    Is the 1.8 a psa alliance engine?

Sorry that was more than 1 daft q

joeegg
    Free Member

The 1.8 tdci is the old Ford Lynx engine with common rail injection.It was discontinued in 2010 due to not meeting eu emmissions.All the specs i’ve read for it say no dpf is fitted.Ford did offer dpf’s as an option on some models but i don’t think it applied to this engine.
    The car is a one private owner from new,ex Ford employee,hatchback and is the base Edge model.Immaculate with new Michelin tyres all round.
    Price is £7790.Its was a trade in at a Toyota dealer in Lancashire.
    A dealer near to me,Durham ,has 2010’s with 40 to 45k on at around £7500,all hatches.

theotherjonv

Thanks Joe. Seems almost worth driving up for a weekend and trawling round to find one rather than pay Surrey prices!! I saw a 2010 zetec 1.8 yesterday, admittedly with only 14k miles but the dealer wanted £11k

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ford (Mondeo) Pwershift dual clutch auto gearboxes’ is closed to new replies.