Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ford Focus Fuses
  • z1ppy

Bit of help required, need a fuse map for a Ford focus 07 (internal) passenger fuse box.
    The one in the supplied manual look nothing like what fitted and the key talks about fuses 37 to 86 (in three neat rows), where-as the our are marked 100-143
    Found this photo/diagram which is exactly what we have fitted:

Need to know which one works the cigarette lighter (for the tomtom).
    I have spent the last hour on google, with little success, can anyone help in a hurry? As the tomtom battery is buggered and she need to use it tomorrow… anyways back off to google.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Just a out to replace mine. It’s fuse 109 on my 07Focus.Under the glove box, 2nd from the bottom on the left. You need thefuse ppier from the under bonnet fuse box.

z1ppy

YAY! Your a f*** star m8

z1ppy

Yep got it out & it’s blown… of course ford decided to change fuse designs (I have loads of old ‘big’s ones), but nowt a trip to halford won’t deal with.

Don’t suppose I could ask you to drop me a photo of your manual (correct layout/key) could you JGG? (for furure reference)

Oh and yet again the g/f is told never to disparage the power of STW!

craigxxl
    Free Member

There is normally a key to the fuse layout inside the fuse box lid or if its behind the glove box, on the rear of the glove box.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Hi Zippy Glad to be of assistance, I’ve just come in to thaw out but will venture out in a bit to retrieve the manual and get a pic for you. I’ve swapped the this fuse a few times now as a result of phone chargers breaking in the socket and shorting it out.

z1ppy

Craig not on this version, & the manual supplied with the car (from new) is wrong!

jGG, m8 , no rush, when ever you have the time

craigxxl
    Free Member

IIRC the cig lighter socket normally runs off a 15 amp fuse so if push comes to shove then just check all 15 amps fuses to see which has blown.

I’d also check the fuse under the bonnet too

Cougar

I’ve swapped the this fuse a few times now as a result of phone chargers breaking in the socket and shorting it out.

Amusingly, I’m on my third or fourth 15A mini-blade in my Mondeo for exactly that reason.

z1ppy

Quick trip to halford, one 20amp mini-blade fuse, in number 109 slot as per JGG’s post, many many thanks
    (only wish I’d posted an hour earlier & saved 1-2hrs wasted time on ford forums & the like)

allthepies
    Free Member

Could you not charge the TomTom outside of the car via USB ?

z1ppy

It’s a very old TomTom with the battery capacity of…. bugger all, wouldn’t last the 3hr tipped planned. But it works surprising well still (when plugged in).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ford Focus Fuses’ is closed to new replies.