Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ford Fiesta ST
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Anyone driven the new Fiesta ST? I’m quite tempted by one…reasonably affordable, universally positive reviews etc etc

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Owned a 2008 one for a few years. Miss it very much! The new ones get fantastic reviews. If you can afford one, get one. Depreciation on new cars puts me off until they are at least 3-4 years old.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have a 2008 Zetec S (pretty similar iirc) and it’s great for a little runaround car. However my commute is 75 miles round trip and I have to drive very carefully to get 42mpg so if you want efficiency it’s not that great. Can’t imagine the ST being any better! Fun little car though.

tightywighty
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member

I have a 2008 Zetec S (pretty similar iirc) and it’s great for a little runaround car. However my commute is 75 miles round trip and I have to drive very carefully to get 42mpg so if you want efficiency it’s not that great. Can’t imagine the ST being any better! Fun little car though.

38MPG average for the 2013 ST on Honest John. Pretty bloody good for a 200BHP (on overboost) hot hatch IMHO.

The only thing that puts me off is the lack of a 5 door model. Just not practical enough. God I sound like a right old fart. 😥

richmtb

sister in law has a 1.0 eco boost Fiesta and its a cracking little car.

Can only imagine the ST is even better

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

MPG on the old ST was awful. 28mpg average. 36mpg max on long motorway trips

cr500dom
    Free Member

You can blame close coupled Cats and hosing fuel in at motorway speeds to keep them cool for poor fuel consumption on the old 2.0L Duratec model 😆
    Fit a decent exhaust, move the (Sports)CAT further down the pipe and remap and you should get it a lot better

somouk
    Free Member

The new ones are excellent fun for a small car. They remap well too.

You can get the basic 1.6 turbo up to 215 bhp with a remap too.

parkesie
    Free Member

We have a normal 1.6 new shape fiesta and its a hoot to drive throw another 60 or so horses at it and i can imagine youd be having alot of fun. A friend is selling a previous shape st which has seen some mild modification and isnt to bad on fuel.

boxxer7
    Free Member

My sister picked up a new ST-3 couple of weeks ago, it’s a nice little car go’s pretty well ride is firm but nice, only thing I’m not keen on is the seats but that might be just the way she has them set. I found they arched my back.
    Fuel wise she’s getting 32-34mpg.

zoo200
    Free Member

the wife has a boggo diesel version, that is one of the best small cars i have driven

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ford Fiesta ST’ is closed to new replies.