Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forced upgrade time… How much better than X9 are X0 shifters
  • tor5
    Free Member

Just broken off and lost the up trigger on my (2013) X9 rear shifter in a crash. As far as i can tell from the Fisher’s website, spares don’t seem to be available. So – get a 2014 model replacement for £38 from CRC, or X0 for £74 (2013 or 2014)? Is X0 really twice as good?

beanieripper
    Free Member

are you serious? its a lever that pulls a cable……how much better are you thinking its gonna be?

bol

No. XX on the other hand…

njee20
    Free Member

are you serious? its a lever that pulls a cable……how much better are you thinking its gonna be?

So I assume you use Acera or X-3? 🙄

IMO they are better, but not necessarily twice as good. If the rest of the bike is nicely bling I’d do X0, otherwise probably not bother!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have x9 and X0 [ both using an X0 rear mech] it is definitely better
    it is not twice as good but you will be able to tell.

I have an older model X0 one [ 9 speed] that is broken but you can have the trigger off for postage of any use?

tor5
    Free Member

@Junkyard – Thanks for the offer, I need to be back in business by the weekend, so will probably just order a whole shifter for delivery ASAP.

@njee20 – it’s pretty bling, and I can be quite a tart – sounds like I’d have to buy a pair of X0 to avoid the aesthetic horror of mismatched shifters 😳

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Most of what I use is 2nd-hand and I do stockpile spares. I use XO shifters and X9 mechs. I have had X9 shifters but X0 feel better, could never stretch to XO mechs because I do wreck mechs from time to time but rarely **** a shifter. Those new trigger levers are silly money.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

X0 are better not sure if twice as good. More just a good deal on the x9.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

beanieripper – Member

Considering how crap some shifters are there is a considerable amount of performance improvement in there. I’m not sure if some actually pull the cable. More just express a weak desire for a gear change.

badbob
    Free Member

disc brakes? V brakes stop the wheels as well!

KevinPP
    Free Member

Swapped both my X9 shifters to X0 after they developed the ‘sticky shifter’ syndrome. X0 are a marked improvement in feel and quality. If you can afford it go for it. Worth shopping around though, got mine from one of the German shops (can’t remeber which one now)for quite a bit less than UK prices. It has ‘X0’ in blue which doesn’t match the bike but its pretty much hidden by the brake lever anyway.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

shame, ive got a left hand trigger lever spare

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forced upgrade time… How much better than X9 are X0 shifters’ is closed to new replies.