Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 202 total)
  • Forca Vario Dropper Seatpost – Gravity dropper clone 27.2 for £65
  • partyboy1101
    Free Member

110mm drop on a 420mm post is the way forward for me

saxabar
    Free Member

Another very interested here too: andymcstayatgmaildotcom

Lummox

Now we’re talking 110 mm drop with two settings I’m in.

Email al dot Bowen 999 at hotmail dot co dot uk

Cheers

piemann
    Free Member

100mm drop with 2 settings!!

Me too please.

email address

iain DOT Nicholson AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

thanks

wwaswas

email in profile – can you add me to the list please.

xiphon
    Free Member

Another 27.2 user over here. Just what I’m looking for!

Please add me too 🙂

ali DOT fay AT gmail DOT com

Ta!

Ali

Burchy1
    Free Member

Interested in the 25/110mm drop post

Please add me to the list dave (dot) burchill {AT} hotmail DOT com

fathomer

I’m interested as well, can you add me to the list please:

sam_dexter60(at)hotmail(dot)com

Ta

Tasso
    Free Member

Me too

Badger AT tasso dot plus dot com

Ta

Zukemonster
    Free Member

interested here too!

alex AT bigbandjazz DOT co DOT uk

was
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

Rather than leaving your email address in this thread (not sure how conformant it is to STW rules), please subscribe to email updates on the website – http://www.bigmassive.co.uk – which had some issues earlier in the week but is fixed now.

Alternatively email me directly at: will@bigmassive.co.uk

I promise I won’t spam you, you will just get notified of stock arrival!

a11y

90mm @ current price is excellent

110mm @ current price plus a little bit would be friggin great!

I currently use a 27.2 GD Turbo with the multi-position – 1″ or 4″ down – and love it. From experience so far I’d say a 110mm with a 25mm secondary down position would be more useful that a 110mm with a 55mm down option. A cheaper-than-GD version would be utterly brilliant. I’ve already subscribed for updates 🙂

weejase40
    Free Member

i am finding that the full drop a “little” too much. it’s way out of the way and find it difficult at times to weight the seat to bring it back to full extension when required( i am extremely short in leg). somewhere half way and only that would be good enough for me.

MrGreedy

Any news on these? Do we have a likely timescale for the next batch?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m confused.. is the traildrop a rebadged forca Vario?

was
    Free Member

The Forca Vario (and a few others) is similar, the TrailDrop has some detail differences.

Folks: a new batch has landed. Sign up on the website to get notified when they are QC’d ready to send out.

trickydisco
    Free Member

TrailDrop has some detail differences.

Which are? Do you change the cable?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m really interested to know what the differences are as well.

was
    Free Member

Hi guys.

TrailDrop has a different remote cable arrangement (see pics on website), different bushing material and comes with a dirt boot included. They are supplied only in 27.2 with no shim supplied – multi fit shims are poor IMO and there’s to many sizes of shims to hold stock of at the moment, so you need to buy a shim elsewhere if you need (~£4 online).

TrailDrop posts are now in stock again online: TrailDrop 27.2 dropper seatpost by BigMassive.co.uk

Cheers.

xiphon
    Free Member

Only 30 days warranty?? Doesn’t the Reverb have 24 months??

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Probably. And costs 3x the price. And doesn’t come in 27.2mm.

Pays your money…

thepodge
    Free Member

Any news on the multi position drop post? Say 25mm & 125mm

Onzadog
    Free Member

Very interested in this, simple as I’m stuck with 27.2. Seems It’s this or a Hilo.

higgo
    Free Member

Probably. And costs 3x the price. And doesn’t come in 27.2mm.
    Pays your money…

I’ll leave the full ‘Sale Of Goods Act’ spiel to TJ but I think you can reasonably expect a seatpost to last longer than a month.

clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, you can’t get out of SOGA so it’ll have to be ‘fit for purpose’ for 1 year. Of course, you could insist on cleaning/maintenance after every x hours to ensure that it’ll last that long.

packer
    Free Member

I would also be interested in the 25mm/110mm version. Have signed up for updates.

ANyone got any pics of the TrailDrop on their bikes?

nbt

Still waiting for the longer version, could do with 420mm post

richc
    Free Member

Yeah, you can’t get out of SOGA so it’ll have to be ‘fit for purpose’ for 1 year. Of course, you could insist on cleaning/maintenance after every x hours to ensure that it’ll last that long.

What he said, if they just do a ‘Fox’ and say its a high performance racing product that needs servicing after every 15 minutes of use I am sure they will get away with it 😉

clubber
    Free Member

15 minutes would see it not being fit for purpose though 😉

was
    Free Member

Indeed the TrailDrop does require a regular clean and regrease (takes all of 5 minutes). I personally do mine approx every other wet mucky ride, a similar period to cleaning the chain. If / when the bushes wear they are very cheap and can be replaced in the same 5 minutes.

If you break a component we carry a full compliment of spares.

TrailDrops are very simple – 2 metal posts running on a plastic bushing with a sprung steel pin. There is little to go wrong, but if it does I will endeavour to sort it out.

Rik
    Free Member

Still very interested in the 420mm length post with the 110mm of drop.

Any news on this? Or expected date for sale?

IA

was – tempted by one of these…if I ordered today, what are the chances of it arriving by the weekend? I assume you post royal mail?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Nice. Could be tempted for the s/s.

xiphon
    Free Member

If there is little to go wrong, why not have more faith in the product and offer more than 30 days?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Price is only an invitation to treat.

No law that says you have to buy.

clubber
    Free Member

There is a law that says the product has to be fit for purpose and if it failed after 30 days, I’m pretty confident that that wouldn’t meet the requirement..

Was – I’m sure the seatpost is fine and that you’d support any issues. I’d be buying one if I didn’t need layback but you can’t limit your warranty to 30 days.

christhetall
    Free Member

Appears to have sold out already !

When is the next batch due ?

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have to say I’d not be keen to spend my cash on any bike part that only came with a 30 day warranty, and particularly not a part that is notorious for going wrong. If the big boys struggle to get it right then I’m unconvinced that this budget version is going to be any better.

I think I’m guilty of looking at stuff like this and thinking it looks like a good deal, but in reality its still the best part of 100 quid for a seatpost…so not cheap and I’d expect it to last.

shame, as I was considering one for my 456….

nbt

Appears to have sold out already !

or the OP has withdrawn stock from sale while he has a think about warranties. Don’t want this to turn into another Fruit / superstar debacle though, do we?

bwaarp
    Free Member

I want to try one of these, good weight and they supposedly have zero play.

http://www.blacx.eu/jewel_models.html

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘Forca Vario Dropper Seatpost – Gravity dropper clone 27.2 for £65’ is closed to new replies.