Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • For those looking forward to snow, I apologise
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve prevaricated for months about replacing my car but today I committed to keeping it by getting some winter tyres.

If the snow doesn’t come now, it’s my fault. Sorry

growinglad
    Free Member

It’s okay, it’s not your fault.

I bought some Snow Shoes in November in anticipation of walking around off the beaten track whilst the kids were in their Ski lessons.

I said at the time, it now wouldn’t snow…..I’m starting to think I have a lot to answer for.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Maybe if I buy a new waterproof jacket it might stop raining 😕

zippykona

And I’ve just bought a fat bike.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am flying to Finland at the beginning of Feb, you can guarantee it will snow the day before making my trip to Heathrow virtually impossible, this will be contrasted to when I get to Finland it will be -20 snow everywhere and they will laugh at my stories of woe.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I bought some sledges and schwalbe spikes a couple of years ago .. still unused. I may invest in a dingy this year in the sales

scotroutes

We could do with a wee bit more here too thanks. Tracks yesterday were more sheet ice than snow!

gonzy
    Free Member

i was riding up in Hebden Bridge yesterday…quite a bit of the white stuff up on the hills…albeit wet slushy stuff, but it was white and cold!

br
    Free Member

Everyone at work told me that they didn’t need winter tyres (we a based in a very rural part of the southern Scotland).

On Friday afternoon it dumped 4-5″ of snow in an hour and carried on snowing. I sent them home mid-afternoon.

Of the 5 cars that left, 3 were abandoned on the way…, and the other 2 picked up the waifs 😉

I was fine, having put my winter tyres on in early November.

russianbob
    Free Member

I bought a McNair shirt back in Spetember/October, I think this may be the reason for the warmest winter ever.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I am flying to Finland at the beginning of Feb, you can guarantee it will snow the day before making my trip to Heathrow virtually impossible, this will be contrasted to when I get to Finland it will be -20 snow everywhere and they will laugh at my stories of woe.

I’ve relatives in Tromso, apparently their transport’s (Airports and railways) no better than ours, it’s just not as newsworthy when Oslo airport shuts dues to being covered in snow.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Apologies from me too – bought a cheap-ass snowboard last January . . . still in the wrapping 🙁 Probably for the best, eh?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I still haven’t seen the need to buy winter tyres, and guess what…. It hasn’t snowed or been cold

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘For those looking forward to snow, I apologise’ is closed to new replies.