Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • For those doing the Kielder 100 next year
  • uplink
    Free Member

Just a heads up in case [like me] you hadn't realised that camping is not included in the entry
    They say they'll have extra camping but by all accounts what space is available will go quickly
    The local YHA has a few spaces left

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh. That is a bugger, will have to keep an eye out, was expecting to turn up in a venerable campervan for some self contained facilities. Parked a few meters from the start to optimise sleep time!
    Thanks for the warning. For something in 9 months time it seems to be taking a lot of my time right now!

ton

that is a sod
    i just took it for granted that camping would be included 😥

uplink
    Free Member
    miketually
    Free Member

I stayed in the YHA this year, as that's what my lift was doing. It's just a minute or two from the start.

There was space somewhere for everyone this year, so it should be fine for 2010.

uplink
    Free Member

How many are they expecting this year though?

ton

i was gonna just turn up and sleep in the van, like i do at all events.
    will there be room somewhere mike???

mrmo
    Free Member

if i have to bivvy in the trees so be it.

miketually
    Free Member

How many are they expecting this year though?

Not sure. They've got to take accommodation into account though, I'd assume.

We arrived fairly late on the Friday night and left after the race, so I only saw trees in daylight 🙂

paul4stones

i was gonna just turn up and sleep in the van, like i do at all events.

There are loads of places to just park – especially if you know where. I slept in the back of my car this year. I would have bivvied but I'm scared of midgies 😉

joolzed
    Free Member

Entries will probably be capped at 500 for this year as the organisers don't want the event to grow too quickly too soon. There will be camping available for all if needs be as extra space has been discussed with the FC already.
    Plenty of riders opted to sleep in their vans/cars this year in various spots….

boxelder

It's not an urban area, so loads of quiet roads/laybys around and there are any number of fire roads around where vans/cars can be parked. Pitching a tent might be a bit more of a pain.

willy
    Free Member

its in the middle of neywhere in the biggest forest in the country there are millions of places to camp, just take ur pick, pitch ur tent and crap in a bush

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘For those doing the Kielder 100 next year’ is closed to new replies.