Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • For the unlucky without a shower at work
  • juan
    Free Member

What baby wipes do you use?
    At the moment using supermarket cheap ones but not that keen on them.
    Any brand/composition that makes you feel clean?

Ta

Nico
    Free Member

Just google “babywipes toxicity”.

Gary_M
    Free Member

before we moved to our new building I didn’t have a shower. I found a flannel and the sink in the disabled toilets far better than wet wipes.

DrP

Dons tin foil hat..googles “babywipes toxicity”… reads the finer print whilst giving mercury laden toxic flu jabs… Hmmm…

“I found a flannel and the sink in the disabled toilets – far better than wet wipes.”
    I hope you washed it before using it?

DrP

ads678

I’ve always used Huggies, not for showering though, with the kids.

For a special areas wash at work I use a flannel with soap and water.

binners

sandwicheater

Huggies ‘water/mild or something like that’ are my go too wet wipe.

martinhutch

Couldn’t be doing with baby wipes. Who wants to go around all day smelling like a baby?

wwaswas

“I found a flannel and the sink in the disabled toilets – far better than wet wipes.”
    I hope you washed it before using it?

or at least got to work before the bloke with the fungal groin infection.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Google almost anything with the word toxicity after it.

You’ll dehydrate and die if you eliminate everything that comes up as highly toxic for you in one way or another.

Drac

Google paranoia.

DezB
    Free Member

Lidls own brand ones. Can’t remember the brand name Arseclen or something

wwaswas

Google paranoia.

Don’t, they record the fact you searched for it and tell *them*.

ulysse
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    Google paranoia.

Don’t, they record the fact you searched for it and tell *them*.

Only on fridays.

Oh

honourablegeorge

Nico – Member

They’re certainly toxic after you’ve wiped a baby with them

mrblobby
    Free Member
    km79
    Free Member

A flannel and sink with a splash of dettol in the sink water will cure you of all smells. Except of course the smell of dettol, but who doesn’t like to smell of dettol?

leffeboy

Flannel and soap in sink. Wet wipes are horrible for drains. Its also great to have your tackle in the sink when someone else walks in 🙂

(no disabled loo at that time )

globalti
    Free Member

To claim that baby wipes are toxic is disrespectful to the people who work hard to ensure that personal care products are not harmful and comply fully with all the restrictions.

Compare the UK with the Third World where there is very little concern about harming consumers and manufacturers put all kinds of harmful chemicals in products to make them cheaper. Melamine in Chinese baby milk or photographic chemical in African skin lightener, anyone?

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I find it quicker drop the effort 5% so I don’t get all sweaty and need a shower. The commute might take 2 mins longer but it saves 10 mins on a shower! Although I do get a shower at lunch in the gym.

whitestone
    Free Member

Forget Strava or PBs and like @bacondoublechee ease off so you don’t get sweaty. Ease up even more for the last mile or so, chat to the dog walkers, etc. Yes, you’ll glow but you really don’t want to be dripping with sweat when you get to work. Then wait a few minutes before you head off to get changed: start up the computer, check emails, whatever.

Towel then wet wipes (put in bin not down loo) then whichever sexually attractive spray you picked up from the supermarket. Back to office to blag your time on STW.

juan
    Free Member

Thanks everyone a couple of things.
    As long as I’d like to “ease off my commute” it’s still is 22kms and end up with a 800m long 12% uphill.

Can’t use a sink as they are in the shared space of the lavatory.

I’ll have a look for these dry shower thing.

prawny

I agree with whitestone, my commute is 20 miles/30km ish and I don’t have a shower.

When it was really hot I stood in front of a fan for a bit before I put my shirt on, but other than that just make sure you’ve got a low enough gear that you can take it easy on in the mornings.

Clap it as hard as you like then on the way home.

DezB
    Free Member

To claim that baby wipes are toxic is disrespectful to the people who work hard to ensure that personal care products are not harmful

I’d just say its stupid. I mean how many babies, how many years…

JEngledow
    Free Member

Nico
    Free Member

Scented candles are toxic too. And Glade, particularly the electric ones. So don’t get all Johnny out of the Archers, just embrace your inner Tom Archer/Frenchman.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Sink in men’s toilets and a flannel or if you not comfortable take a small washing up bowl in the Cubical with water to wash.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Assuming you’re a man that is, if you’re a woman use the woman’s toilets obviously!!!!

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

bails

Scented candles are toxic too. And Glade, particularly the electric ones. So don’t get all Johnny out of the Archers, just embrace your inner Tom Archer/Frenchman.

Or just wash with the baby wipes, rather than eating them.

matt_outandabout

Seeing as two female colleagues go running at lunch and one cycles in, and both regularly skip showers, I’m good with a higher standard being a cool down before changing, quick sink wipe and deodorant….

cloudnine
    Free Member

3 children’s worth of wiping experience and found the lidl own brand ones to be the best

MoreCashThanDash

Baby wipes won’t block the drains if you put them in the bin!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rather than baby wipes, the wife gave me some tea tree facial wipes which leave me feeling much fresher. Baby wipes always felt Luke they left a residue and a smell.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Slow trip in and smash it home. But a flannel and sink wash does well enough if needed

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘For the unlucky without a shower at work’ is closed to new replies.