Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • For the sports photography fans
  • DezB
    Free Member

Excellent. Really enjoyed that. Cheers for posting.

hols2
    Free Member

Wow. Hope the horsies were OK.

null

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

was just readin this. The mo farah photos and caption makes me really sad. thanks for posting

pondo

Fantastic, thanks for sharing. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Lovely stuff.

Fen skating was an annual event when I was a kid

Gunz
    Free Member

I saw the José Mourinho photo in the paper earlier today but the comparison with Caravaggio is spot on.

5lab

It’s interesting how high shutter speed he used, barely below 1/1000 even when not much movement is going on

eskay

The team pursuit pic is fantastic

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice. Thanks for posting.

CountZero

It’s interesting how high shutter speed he used, barely below 1/1000 even when not much movement is going on

It doesn’t look like much is going on, but he’s going to be rattling off a bunch of photos every second, in most cases, along with the fact he’s using long telephoto lenses, where shake is a real issue at the distances he’s shooting at, so a combination of lens length, aperture, ISO and shutter speed means shooting up to 1/5000th in order to get THAT shot. Those sort of shutter speeds would have been impossible with an SLR twenty years ago, and probably even with a DSLR maybe even ten years ago, and the new mirrorless cameras are allowing photographers to take extraordinary photos nowadays.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘For the sports photography fans’ is closed to new replies.