Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • For the same make and model of fork, what will 10mm extra travel do for the HA?
  • deviant
    Free Member

As thread title really, just bought a new FS frame with a head angle the manufacturer states as 67 degrees with a 140mm 27.5 Revelation.

I’ve got a 150mm 27.5 Rev laying around ready to go on, I have always understood an extra 20mm will slacken the HA by 1 degree so with all things being equal here what am I looking at with another 10mm of travel?…66.5 HA?….near as makes bugger all difference?…etc etc

singlesteed
    Free Member

I would dare say 10mm on most frames give or take makes little difference.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Slight increase on wheelbase bb height etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gravity-slave
    Free Member

Approx half a degree and 5mm on the bb height.

I could tell when I shortened my Lyriks, subtle but made a difference.

jimw
    Free Member

according to Cotic website ( yes not your bike but gives some idea):

On the Rocket changing from 150 to 160mm forks reduces head angle by 0.8 degrees and raises BB by 6mm

on the Soul, going from 140 to 150mm reduces head angle by 0.6 degrees and raises bb by 3.7mm

soobalias
    Free Member

bear in mind you will run an extra couple of mil of sag…

deviant
    Free Member

Ok, doesn’t sound too disastrous, i’ll get it built up.

Next question:

I’ve only ever used threaded BBs, this has a pushfit BB, i’m a Shimano fanboy, what cranksets will go in this….SLX double and bash OK?

40mpg

Just added 20mm on my Trance. Bit lifty on front on steep up, but I’ve put a shorter stem on too. Otherwise doesn’t feel much different. When I’m riding, the forks are almost always in a greater or lesser state of compression so the head angle and bb height are constantly changing.

If you’ve already got the forks, youve really got nothing to lose.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

threaded and pressfit* are the same in terms of what fits in them.

*not BB30 obviously.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘For the same make and model of fork, what will 10mm extra travel do for the HA?’ is closed to new replies.