Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • For the plane lovers – Sheffield flypast Friday morning
  • bearnecessities

In regards to that humbling chap,Tony Foulds. I’m sure there was a thread when it all started, but can’t find it.

Anyhow, it’s tomorrow morning and the list of aircraft is listed below for those interested.

We have today been working with RAF Lakenheath & RAF Mildenhall in the run up to the memorial flypast over Sheffield…

Posted by British Airshow Review on Wednesday, February 20, 2019

bruneep

👍

cyclelife
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up on this, will get myself out to Parkwood – should be able to look down on them from up there😎

crazy-legs

Going to park up in Hathersage early doors and ride over.

bruneep
    ctk
    Free Member

Yep can’t fault Dan Walker.

nbt

in yorkshire parlance, ah carnt spayk.

well done to our forumite who was part of the team. You know who you are.

lowey

Brilliant. A fantastic story.

bearnecessities

For anyone that missed, the actual flypast.

fasthaggis

We had the Tornados fly past yesterday morning.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-47324211/raf-tornado-makes-final-scottish-flypast .

Great crowd turnout at Sheffield

Drac

Caught bits of it this am.

Extremely emotional seeing the old boy going through so many emotions. Fantastic stuff.

crazy-legs

I parked on Ringinglow and ride down into town. Had a rough idea of where I wanted to be and then randomly bumped into a local cyclist who was heading for the same bit of park, above Endcliffe.

Could see down into Endcliffe but also had a better view across the skyline. Could here the cheers from the crowd every time they mentioned Tony’s name.

Got a great view of the aircraft. Lovely to see everyone’s emotions – complete silence during the F15 missing man then a respectful round of applause.

Bunnyhop

Wish I’d been there.
    Tony is a living legend and what a fantastic way to give thanks to the Americans for saving many a Yorkshire life.

Was getting through quite a few hankies this morning.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I must admit to shedding a tear watching that on BBC Breakfast.
    Well done to Dan Walker for bringing it all to everyone’s attention.

martinhutch

Think I saw a couple of Eurofighters heading over when I was out in the South Dales just after 9, which would fit in.

MartynS

That was quite a morning…!

Can’t believe how many people showed up, but what a lovely story. It was really amazing to see.

MoreCashThanDash

Properly choked me up this story, so many emotions and so much dignity from those involved.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘For the plane lovers – Sheffield flypast Friday morning’ is closed to new replies.