• This topic has 39 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • 2015 R1 launch
  • amplebrew

Just for anyone interested……

The 2015 R1 launch

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

They wanted to sell their product….so they got Jorge Lorenzo in instead of Rossi.

Yup, genius marketers right there at Yamaha.

EDIT: wait they wheeled out Rossi as well

amplebrew

They got Rossi to bring out the standard R1 first, then Lorenzo brought out the ‘whizz bang’ R1M which probably costs a fortune.

I’m not sure on the styling of the bike, but they often look much better in the flesh.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The new S1000RR looks much prettier imo.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wblqlFP_rlU[/video]

The bloody thing sounds like a works bike straight from the box as well.

Northwind

That is one **** advert. Also, towards the end I saw it was light silver and blue rather than white and blue but mostly I was thinking “GSXR” 😆

Not sure about the looks but then I reckon bikes are steadily getting uglier. I’ll have an ’06 Kenny Roberts pls.

womble72
    Free Member

Was that R1 advert something this years ‘Apprentice’ knocked up? If so….. Your fired (points finger)

JCL
    Free Member

Not sure about the looks but then I reckon bikes are steadily getting uglier.

Surely not 899/1199 Panagale’s? They stop me in my tracks whenever I see one.

Northwind

Prefer the original 1198 tbh! Panagale is nice but very exhausty and backwheely. I would not kick one out of my garage for that though.

weeksy

I don’t like the Panigale… I liked it less after riding one… it’s just too too too too bloody fast.

The R1… I REALLY dislike though, having owned 6 R1’s I’m a bit of an enthusiast… but this one… BLEEURRGHHH

gobuchul
    Free Member

“My DNA is fused with hers”

What a load of shit. Shocking to think that thousands have been spent on that advert. The Apprentice analogy isn’t far off.

rocketman
    Free Member

A fine machine that’s got fatter and fatter every year

The designers must weep when they see this year’s cat

Cougar

Am I the only one who thought this was going to be a new version of Windows Server…?

boblo
    Free Member

Yes. Now go away and have a think about what you’ve just said (written)… 🙂

RustySpanner

JCL – Member

Not sure about the looks but then I reckon bikes are steadily getting uglier.

Surely not 899/1199 Panagale’s?

I quite liked the 999/749 at the time, I thought the 916 – 998 was getting a bit stale.
    I was wrong.
    Monster too – the originals were the best.

That new R1 is minging.
    Overworked, unresolved, and just plain ugly.
    Not one aspect improves on the outgoing model.

I just don’t like this new, edgy design language being applied to everything.
    Looks great on a KTM, Kwak (and they took ages to nail it) or Aprilia, awful on everything else.

Yamahas should be yellow with black speedblocks, white with red speedblocks or LC Blue.
    Nothing else is acceptable.

And have you seen what they’ve done to the XJR1300 for 2015?

The utter bastards.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I’m Yamaha through and through but the catfish like front end on this new R1 is gopping.IMO

I like the subtle touches that hark to the M1 and I like the fact they’ve finally succumbed to mass centralisation by moving the exhaust….but but but its one ugly beast!!

I’m sure once in track form it will make more sense to me, to be fair if you dont look at the circular front lights the front end isnt that bad. Very traditional Yamaha, even looking like an FZR400 from some angles.

As long as they dont **** up the next R6 like this then I have no issues. I wont be buying one as I just see much of a future for 1000cc bikes on the road.

LoCo
    Free Member

If it’s not a supercharged Kwak I’m not interested this year 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

New Honda Moto-gp replica announced. It’s got an awesome retro vibe to it.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I actually like the XJR – nice old school monster.

As soon as they come up with the bellypan for the H2R I will be selling the kids….

fasthaggis

Rusty

That XJR front end is a crime .

Yamahas should be yellow with black speedblocks

King Kenny 🙂

RustySpanner

Innit?
    If they gave the XJR 1300 a sixth gear and made it look like this again;

I’d be very interested.
    Well, in five years when I could afford one.
    🙂

How to get it spot on –
    New Guzzi V7II.

Tom_W1987 – Member

New Honda Moto-gp replica announced. It’s got an awesome retro vibe to it.
    That’s beautiful and very, very Honda.
    Lots of NS/NSR in there.

Wish they’d give in and make this:

I like the stock bike, but I’d sell a grandchild for the R.

fasthaggis

If they gave the XJR 1300 a sixth gear and made it look like this again

Still remember getting into bother with an XS 1100 on the Edinburgh cobbles,I am in no rush to jump on to something that big again 🙂

amplebrew

The new R1 should be a really great bike, especially if they’ve listened to Rossi’s input. I’m always pretty cynical though as Rossi might well have had a ride on it, but the person signing off the final design is probably just looking at costs.

Whilst the R1 doesn’t seem to be a looker, it could be worse ……..

br
    Free Member

I rode an original 98 R1 that had been breathed on, reminded me of my LC’s and the like – and also that I’m not a teenager anymore as I couldn’t get behind the tiny fairing.

I got back on my ZX9R (C1 at the time), which was just at fast but I wasn’t been blown off the back.

It was raining and we were flat out on the way back to the hotel near Assen 🙂

But according to my mate who’s got a newer 1000cc, what we thought was fast is nothing like as fast as the current bikes – he’s got +180bhp now 😯

amplebrew

The new 1k bikes are on a completely different level compared to the early R1’s and Blades. Not just in horsepower, but also in being so easy to ride.

I used to commute in all weathers on a 2008 Blade which was claimed to be putting out over 150hp at the wheel; yet it was as easy as riding a 125.

Northwind

Funnilly enough it was an R1 that taught me that lesson, probably an 04- I’d ridden 600s and thought “mmm, not sure about this”, they felt a bit too singleminded, I never realised that a 1000 for all it was better at going fast, was going to be miles better at going slow too. B

Never got one mind- I stuck with my wee 650 because anything faster always felt like it’d get together with its mates when I wasn’t looking and take the piss out of me. “He never goes at 186mph, he doesn’t do crossed up 3rd gear wheelies, it’s ages since he’s highsided himself into space on a roundabout… honestly he’s such a disappointment…”

amplebrew

amplebrew – Member
    The new 1k bikes are on a completely different level compared to the early R1’s and Blades. Not just in horsepower, but also in being so easy to ride.

Having said that, I did very a very brief flirt (6 months) with a 2006 ZX10R which was possibly one of the worst bikes I’ve ever owned. The engine was amazing, but the handling wasn’t good.

You could take the same corner twice at the same speed and get 2 different reactions from the bike. One day it would be relaxed, smooth and effortless; then the next it would try and kill me with a tankslapper.

amplebrew

There are some lovely pictures of that RCV on HRC FB page 8)

neilforrow

While we are on the subject of bikes, I cam across the new Husky concepts. Man they are nice.

and

Love the trail one.

http://www.bikeexif.com/motorcycle-concept#more-18643

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oooh I like that Trail inspired one as well!

reedspeed
    Free Member

How much issit ?,rumour has it the S is £15,& the M is £20k,I’ve owned all the R1’s,but as nice as they are ,even that’s too rich for me even on a race deal !..

amplebrew

That Trail Husky is really nice.

I think the road version of the Kwak is getting launched this morning at EICMA.

hooli

I think the new R1 looks OK, better than the current model anyway. Especially as people will put a tail tidy and junk the standard exhaust straight away.

amplebrew

The R1 would look better with a black engine, collector and less silver paint on the side.

I would easily mistake the S1000XR for a Multistrada at first glance.

amplebrew

That Husky is really really nice…..

weeksy

But according to my mate who’s got a newer 1000cc, what we thought was fast is nothing like as fast as the current bikes – he’s got +180bhp now

As I’ve said before, the Panigale was mind-blowing.. it was just ridiculous. My brain simply couldn’t keep up with the speed of the thing.

I’ve got a rather tame 132bhp gsxr-750 K7 now 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

300 supercharged horses enough? Starts at about 1m50s 😯

Kwaka H2R..

LoCo
    Free Member

Production model dialled down to 220 bhp ish apprantly, although I’m sure the tuners will be straight on the case with tweaking a touch more power out of it 😈

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Loco, that’s the road going model thats detuned to 220.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep that’s what I meant Tom, bonkers bike really want one.

However I do value my skin and my wife’s sanity as she’d hated just a little ZX7 R

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘2015 R1 launch’ is closed to new replies.