Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • For the love of god pick me some decent hair clippers!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I buy more hair clippers than I should, none seem to do the trick! I’m a bit of a wookie and need to keep the chest wig down to a decent length. Whenever I attempt this chore I end up looking like I’ve got alopecia!

Also use it to take face fuzz back to stubble as I never clean shave, (scruffy arse builder).

Any recommendations?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Buy a set thats going to last ..missus is a hairdresser and in the 20 years we have been together she has only had two clippers 1× corded set and a cordless set ( last year ) from WAHL ..

Expensive ..yeah ..but you get what you pay for ..

Edit : how you can stand trimming chest hair is beyond me ..I’m also gorilla like and can’t stand any material against my chest if I trim it back ..

I’ve only done this twice ..the second time just to confirm if I’d got it wrong the first time !😁

gobuchul
    Free Member

I have had a set of Wahl professional clippers for years, bought them from one of those hairdresser supply shops.

Recently got a cordless Remington set and it’s very good. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012F8MS9A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mugboo

Wahl Supertaper for heads, Wahl detailer for your other bits.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That Remington one is specific for head hair really and that’s where I think the problem arises. We’re talking the need for strimmer ability here. 😂

tuttonp
    Free Member

Wahl Super Taper (mains or cordless)

I’m selling a nice Wahl Bellina Cordless if you’re interested 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cordless, so you can do it in the shower (before actually turning on shower)

Chest hair here too, and boaby n baws, armpits anaw. Not completely bald, just trim. Less sweaty, and only wimmin in the 80s liked the Tom Selleck look.

grarea
    Free Member

Wahl here too.

Had them for years.

Oil them every time. You can adjust the blades (or something) you can buy replacement blades.

kayak23

Oil them every time

What kind of oil? I used to use a dot of olive oil but is there a better type?

scaled
    Free Member

I knacker clippers as well. Using hair clippers on face or body hair just ruins the edge.

Current weapon of choice from head to toe is a Phillips beard trimmer thing. It’s not as fast to do my head as the clippers were when they were new, but sod it, one tool to do two/three jobs is a winner for me.

tails
    Free Member

I’m similar to you been through various Wahl from the home kit, detailers (good but not strong enough for think hair), sterling 2 (good for tidying up as they aren’t too sharp).

This summer I got some cordless magic clip by wahl. Takes your stumble back in about a minute or 2, gets through body hair quickly although a bit baulky to shave down there. 1 charge lasts for ages, just keep them oiled and cleaned after every use. They are similar to super taper with a special blade.

rene59
    Free Member

I’ve had the previous 2 version of these and both were great, left the first one in a holiday let and have had the second one for over 10 years now. Highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Yourself-Clipper-Degree-Rotating/dp/B00BN1TW7C

You can use it without guard for a short stubble, wash it under tap/in shower if you wanted to and it never needs oiled.

matt_outandabout

Wahl here for 15 years odd.

Currently needs some new sharper blades.

onehundredthidiot

Wahl if the hair is ruining others then animal clippers?

https://www.wahlstore.co.uk/refurbished.irc

longdog
    Free Member

I use Wahl animal grooming clippers, can’t see any other model name on them. Much better than normal hair clippers.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Been using Wahl Super Taper for ~10 years, grade zero every 4-6 weeks, been great.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘For the love of god pick me some decent hair clippers!!’ is closed to new replies.