• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by rs.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • For tech/electronic music fans
  • somafunk

A mate’s just released a new label for his “lighter/more melodic” tech house tunes, it may be of interest to a few techno/electronic heads on here.

Stereophoenix/Soundcloud link here

As usual Mike Hulmes tracks are outstanding and Shack’s have the sort of bassline and energy that just drag you in and twist you up….in a good way of course.

Anyone else got anything new or found anything new worth sharing?.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Sweet!

athgray
    Free Member

I can’t see any tunes on the soundcloud link somafunk.
    D&B fan. Not new but liking this at the minute
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhuqlnMlc2g[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    krag
    Free Member

A friend of mine has recently put this DnB studio mix together:
    https://soundcloud.com/tannadyce-project/tannadyce-project-studio-mix

somafunk

I have to be honest and say i can’t listen to most D&B, the nearest i can come to and listen along quite happily is Burial, yeah i know he’s not D&B in the sense of what you posted above which is admittingly pretty listenable but still not something i’d choose to listen to – i like the vocal and would love a vocal stem of that to play about with but as for the high hats and incessant kicks, they’re a turn off for my delicate ears 😉

And the link seems to work ok on my ipad and my other mac?…dunno what is wrong wi it for you?.

slackalice
    Free Member

I’ve recently been listening to Steve Lamarque on YouTube. Highly recommended

Thanks for the link Somafunk, bookmarked 🙂

somafunk

If you like the above stuff then Shack’s/Elite Force soundcloud page has some very recent uploads of his set from Distrikt at Burning Man this year and Mike has recently released his set from shacks party last month.

Burning man would be an epic festival to go to, i dunno bout the sand storms though?….i complain when i get sand in my trainers at the beach in this country never mind being sandblasted along with 35 degree heat to contend with……if i went i’d have to build a weird mad-max fire breathing rocket powered bike to pedal about on which could be good fun.

PS : I dunno whether or not i like the new soundcloud….? – it’s not as intuitive to use as the old version, or perhaps that’s just me being a klutz.

rs
    Free Member

found this a while back http://overwerk.bandcamp.com/, the music from the hero 3 gopro video, lot of good stuff in there, although some of it sounds similar to each other.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘For tech/electronic music fans’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts