Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • For forks sake – I cant decide what forks to buy for this frame…..
  • fotorat
    Free Member

its the 150mm frame..

I have loads of QR front wheels so I want a QR fork

I have Big hit bike with a through axle and while thats rock solid I have no intentions of pushing the heckler down any DH courses so a QR forks will be fine. Also I am going for a sub 30lb build!

I was think of getting the Fox float 140 QR – but having less travel up front to the rear – I just cant get my head around that?

Any opinions……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wait for next year’s 150mm Revelations?
    😉

Hadge
    Free Member

I absolutely love my Float RLC’s. They are the 15mm QR type but internals are exactly the same as the normal QR types. They are super smooth and really really plush, far far better than my 08 Talas RLC’s I ran. Best FOX fork I’ve ever had and I’ve ran a few over the years. Quite light too so should help keep that weight down. I don’t think you’d notice the difference in travel either. Go for em 😀

james
    Free Member

“I was think of getting the Fox float 140 QR – but having less travel up front to the rear – I just cant get my head around that?”

Fox 32 140mm are 511mm arch to crown and are low for a 140mm fork
    The heckler is recomended for 140 – 170mm forks(?)

According to the website, a 2009 Rockshox Revelation 140mm QR is 521mm
    [a 140mm 2009 20mm Revelation is 518mm, as is a 140mm pike]

So maybe a 2009 140mm QR Revelation for a bit more tallness for the frame?
    I think they’re 1750g, which for the travel I think only QR fox and magura thors are lighter (and probably some DT swiss ones)
    Here for just over £300

RepacK
    Free Member

Strikes me as being a strange choice if you already have a DH bike – a heckler is a pretty competent machine as it is. Plus if you want a sub 30lb bike – buying the Heckler kind of makes it a bit harder but I guess it depends what you want it for..Fork wise I run Fox but there are so many good forks out there – have fun!

Hairychested
    Free Member

20mm axle and a light fork – my Nixon or a Float. Easy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

why not through axels? just sell on of your QR wheels and get a 20mm one, IMO above 130mm QR just doesnt make sense, theres just too much leverage.

Shandy
    Free Member

Go with bolt through Floats, you want to balance it out. If you’re looking to save weight do it elsewhere, you can still get it under 30lbs easy enough.

Del

i have a set of fox float 140mm off my orange 5 – june 2008, 3 weeks use, very clean….

fotorat
    Free Member

The Revelations dual air with pop lock win – ordered from Merlin – thanks peeps

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Fox Floats..

Awesome combination…

withersea
    Free Member

fotorat – have you still got that hope black headset for sale? if so can you mail me as per profile

Saccades
    Free Member

Put Pace RC41 fighters on, lightest, stiffest, single crown 150mm forks going (or the DTSwiss equivalent). Used some on my Blur for 2 yeears and work a treat.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘For forks sake – I cant decide what forks to buy for this frame…..’ is closed to new replies.