Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • For anyone who loves metalworking/blacksmithing
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I’m not clever enough to post a link but please go to the website ‘This Is Colossal’ and search for forged and filed.
    It’s a five minute film of someone soooo talented forging a compete lockbox from scratch.
    It doesn’t sound too fantastic but trust me…. the guy has skills I could only dream of.

somafunk
    revs1972
    Free Member

”Tis a thing of beauty that

matt_outandabout

Superb skills.
    And here was me pleased with folding a few magazine files at work today….

somafunk

Seth Gould has a website here , I want that box for my secret stash 😉

choppersquad
    Free Member

Thanks somafunk….. You’re obviously a far more skilled person than me.
    I can’t even post a link and he can make something that beautiful from scratch.
    Very sobering.

colournoise

That’s genuinely astonishing.

CountZero

Oh my! That is truly a thing of beauty!

jamj1974

Stunningly good craftsmanship.

leffeboy

5 mins really doesn’t do justice to 3 years of work.  For those that haven’t watched it the video start in a straightforward beardy anvily way and then gets amazing.  He’s an artist and it’s a piece of art as much as a thing.  Makes you want to go on a ‘jewelry and metalsmithing’ course now

http://www.sethgould.com/coffer

slackalice
    Free Member

Mind blowing, there are some extremely clever and talented people out there. Thanks for sharing.

grahamt1980

That is unreal, how he worked out the multi stage unlocking process is so far beyond me it’s just amazing

johnx2
    Free Member

Little things… making the bolts by hand? Jawdrop emoji. (A friend bought a really old steam engine where they’d’ve had to make at least some of the individual components. Amazing. I made a screwdriver at school once.)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘For anyone who loves metalworking/blacksmithing’ is closed to new replies.