Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • For All You Twitter Users
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Oh i’m @ocoxall btw, wouldn’t bother following me as my tweets are exceptionally dull.

oh I’m already following you from yesterday, and I see you’re in Oxfordshire. Hello! Did you ever do that bivi trip then?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not sure why I would want to follow @SchwalbeUK but I have somehow got Danny Harts girlfriend following me. And no I don’t know her!

@_I_Ache

colonelwax
    Free Member

To keep rocketdog happy I replied to you on twitter!

spokebloke
    Free Member

Refuse to do Facebook, but quite like Twitter.
    @spokeshirts .

And Bullheart – sorted. 😛

mogrim

Twitter’s great, there’s loads of interesting stuff on there. Mind you, can’t understand these people who are following 1000s of accounts, there’s no way you can keep up with that amount of information, unless you’re unemployed or retired!

@mogrim – some content in Spanish…

timc
    Free Member

Im now following, although I can’t imagine you having much interesting to say?? haha

@timcondran to join me abusing Rio Ferdinand / Michael Owen etc…

terrahawk
    Free Member

The best thing about twitter is the ease with which you can unfollow the aggressive/grumpy sorts.

R.lepecha

I’ve followed quite a few of you.

Now I look cool with all the people I’m following.. Oh wait, no I just look like I have no life as I am following almost 5 times the amount of people following me.

beej

I’ve got Keith Bontrager following me!

bigsi
    Free Member

If you want to hear a fat middle aged bloke moaning a lot & can’t get on here then I’m @WorthingSi (capitals are optional 😉 )

rOcKeTdOg

judging by some of the comments i’ve received on twitter, some people take it a bit too seriously 🙄 if they get so wound up so easily in the virtual world i dread to think what they are like in real life, it’s actually a bit scary

jedi

whats scary is that you follow me rocketdog… lol@clunge

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve met you in the real world though Tony, so it’s ok, i know your not (too) insane

apparently it’s my fault complete strangers get upset after following me when i ask WTF they are?

if you don’t want contact, don’t follow!

jedi

heh hheh, i like twitter because you follow peoples interests not just them

philfive
    Free Member

I’m on it, add me

@nipslikebullets

pedalhead
    Free Member

judging by some of the comments i’ve received on twitter, some people take it a bit too seriously if they get so wound up so easily in the virtual world i dread to think what they are like in real life, it’s actually a bit scary

hmm I haven’t seen the comments you’re referring to, but your opening tweet to a few people following you (including me – for all of 1 day) was “you are all following me, whoTF are u??”. So, I agree with wallop on this one & think you’re rather missing the point of Twitter. I couldn’t give a monkey’s, it’s easy enough to unfollow you, but it does rather look like it’s *you* who’s getting upset about the whole thing, not anyone else.

pedalhead
    Free Member

heh hheh, i like twitter because you follow peoples interests not just them

nail on head

rOcKeTdOg

i didn’t see any @pedalheads and i haven’t got a cristal ball app to know who you are on twitter, so i ask WTF are these people who have decided to follow me without actually contacting me?, i don’t think asking WTF are you is unreasonable?

philfive
    Free Member

With a Twitter name like mine i get some very strange followers.

Does anyone know if silverfish have a Twitter account?

pedalhead
    Free Member

I use my real name with “pedalhead” as a note alongside it on Twitter. Doesn’t matter anyway, Twitter is, by design, far more anonymous than something like Facebook. I don’t have many followers, but nevertheless a significant number of them are unknown to me. As Tony said above, you kind of follow the person’s interests as much as the person. If you want to control who follows you, just enable the “protect my tweets” option. That way, anyone who wants to follow you has to ask your permission first. Incidentally, there are probably more polite ways to ask for input from your followers.

sc-xc

i didn’t see any @pedalheads and i haven’t got a cristal ball app to know who you are on twitter, so i ask WTF are these people who have decided to follow me without actually contacting me?, i don’t think asking WTF are you is unreasonable?

Cripes. Be flattered and say something interesting.

rOcKeTdOg

the day i say something interesting will be a cold day in hell, if they really are following me, they should know that

scaredypants

i ask WTF are these people who have decided to follow me without actually contacting me?

I though twitter (& facebook) was for attention whores rather than hermits ?

bigdonx
    Free Member

I though twitter (and facebook) was for attention whores rather than hermits ?

Exactly, I thought the whole point of Twitter was to get as many followers as you can regardless, so you can share your experiences/wisdom/bullshit with them in order to try and make the world a better place – its probably how the Borg started out……

wallop

I bought rocketdog two halves of black sheep earlier, hopefully he has calmed down a bit… 😆

terrahawk
    Free Member

Maybe grow up a bit and leave the ‘wtf’ out of your question, eh?

Brownbacks
    Free Member
    atlaz
    Free Member

I follow a few people on this thread and generally just use it as a way to keep abreast of news and casual friends. Twitter username the same as the forum username!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hey Philfive – I think we have an account but as I’m not actually a user of Twitter myself I don’t really no. Sorry, that’s not especially professional of me I suppose!
    We do have FB, that much I do know . . . .

chiefgrooveguru

@ThreeHatsAl. Good for sociable MTBing and adding higher brow amusement to lower brow mass media events…

R.lepecha

I forgot to add, my twitter is @sssingletrack

druidh
    Free Member

Dammit. My STW username has already been used on Twitter….

jedi

all my tweet are about coaching, riding, coffee curry and beer 🙂

niloC
    Free Member

all my tweet are about coaching, riding, coffee curry and beer

that’s a good enough reason to follow someone, as any other!

@colinjh here

rOcKeTdOg

Maybe grow up a bit and leave the ‘wtf’ out of your question, eh

Maybe you shouldn’t take things so seriously and lighten up a bit, eh?

JustGoRide
    Free Member

I like twitter…

I’m either @JustGoRide or @petegamble

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m on with the same user name as here to stalk rOcKeTdOg and Brant

JCornford

I’m on there @jcornford sorry for the non amusing name, I mainly tweet about cycling and the odd bit of sports marketing/Olympic stuff.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘For All You Twitter Users’ is closed to new replies.