Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • For all the foodies on here..
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I am cooking Toad in the hole for tea tonight, Nom Nom Nom… beat that then.
    Pork and Leak sausage for butchers, mashed tata's with cheese and I will put some mushrooms in the Toad in the hole for good measure… I love having a day off to mess about in the kitchen.. (Gordon Ramsay I am not tho')

Fop
    Free Member

Bit of fresh thyme in your batter mix works well I find!

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Cooking? On a day off? Why aren't you on the trails lad?

Now put the knife down, take the Jamie Oliver 'Pukka Tukka' apron off and get your friggin bike out!

MTFU !!! (as they say on here often)

rich_tee
    Free Member

hmmm sounds lovely.

Currently making leek and potato soup with lentils and carrots – ok so probably more of a stew, with some harissa paste to give it a bit of kick.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Cooking? On a day off? Why aren't you on the trails lad?

Banned from biking till my nearly broken neck heals – been since June and it is a chuffin pain.

binners

Following on from the other thread – Its macdonalds for me 🙂

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

That's no excuse!

eckinspain
    Free Member

it's weird – I love sausages and I love yorkshire puds

and yet I hate toad-in-the-hole.

can't explain it

binners

I'm actually doing a sausage and bean hot pot. Mmmmmmmmmm

singletrackmatt

Baked onion in it. tumeric with mashed potato.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mushrooms?

Keep it simple lad, by heck.

I'm gonna have to make toad in the hole before the week is out now though, noms!

TimP
    Free Member

Had Toad in the Hole on Sunday. Ate till I felt slightly sick, and washed it down with a Fursty Ferret. Not big in Ireland I discovered as Mrs OP had heard of it but never tried it. And crumpets haven't made it over their either. She cut hers in half to toast it – bless (BTW I was out of the room making Ikea furniture not testing her on how to eat crumpets).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Currently making leek and potato soup with lentils and carrots

Isn't that lentil and carrot soup then? 😉

domino

I kid thee not – raspberry vinegar goes really nicely with yorkshire pud.

Quite like wholegrain mustard in the batter mix too.

What you making for pudding?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

If she likes me T i T H, hoping for a bit of spotty dick 😉

llama

I like a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard in the batter. You can also wrap the sausages in streaky bacon or pancetta. And not too many sausages that the batter stays soggy.

Its home made pizza for me. Artichokes and ham. So big it hangs off the plate.

binners

They don't have crumpets?! Sweet jesus!! Thats inhumane!!! Crumpets with loads of butter, so it runs down your chin when you bite it, are surely the benchmark of a civilised society

takisawa2

Traffic Alert: Steer clear of Stafford this evening. Major kitchen fire indecent in progress. Severe disruption. 🙂

Tracey

Always have Hendersons relish on Yorkshire pudding http://www.hendersonsrelish.com/, we will be having shepherds pie tonight

tracey

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You can come and have some PT (not the spotty dick you devious swine) 😉

binners

Nice to see everyones embracing proper comfort food. Toad in the hole, shepherds pie, soup. Its the best thing about this time of year 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

I know! However Barry's Tea is the finest "builders" brew out there, and Clonakilty Black and White Puddings take some beating

binners

The full Irish Breakfast is truly a joy to behold. I wondered how the full English could be bettered. Then I had breakfast in Newry.

Doing a fish pie tonight, that's comfort food.
    Also had day in kitchen making some frozen meals which gives me more time to ride at the weekend. Cottage pies & leek & ham cannelloni's. non non non non

thejesmonddingo

Chicken tikka biriani for tea,made the tikka this morning,just done sauce,only rice and assembly left.
    Ian

grumm
    Free Member

I find it hard to get Toad in the Hole right for some reason. Always tends to be either over or under done in places. I can make a mean fish pie though, mmmmmmmmm

binners

I am absolutely staving now

TimP
    Free Member

Grumm, that is the idea! You should get a crispy top and some really stodgy soggy bits in the middle.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

This evening I shall mostly be eating crap…due to having no time, but last night I cooked up – lambs liver, crispy bacon, garlic/mustard mash, boiled carrots and leek with an onion gravy. *drools*

Tracey

This week
    Sunday Slow roast leg of lamb with all the trimmings
    Monday Fish Pie
    Tuesday Tandoori Chicken breasts
    Wednesday Barnsley Chops
    Tonight As above
    Friday Ill let Kevin suprise me

Tracey

Bunnyhop

Last night we had haggis, cauliflower in cheese sauce with lots of mash and veggies.
    Tonight – pie, veggies and mash.

I love comfort food season. Here the temperature dropped quite a bit, so it's all wintery food from now on.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

A succesful culinary delight has been served and eaten (by the wheeli bin probably but I havent checked it)… any tv chefs jobs going out there ?

teagirl
    Free Member

We've just had Toad in th'ole too, glorious on such a vile night.

Haggis, mmmm….. maybe tomorrow!

Tracey

All ours was eaten, the girls wanted more

Tracey

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Haggis, mmmm….. maybe tomorrow!

Monday lass! – St. Andrews day.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘For all the foodies on here..’ is closed to new replies.