• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • For £87m you think they might have built some REAL houses
  • scotroutes

The BBC’s project to build a brand new, HD-ready Albert Square and expand the external EastEnders set will now cost £27m more than originally planned.

The original 2015 forecast for the scheme was £59.7m, but the revised budget is now £86.7m, the National Audit Office (NAO) has revealed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What were the reasons for the overspend there 😉

sarawak
    Free Member

Yeah but it’s only licence fee payers money so why should BBC care?

colp

It’s to do with the building materials
    Brickset means brickset.

CountZero

It’s to do with the building materials
    Brickset means brickset.

Well done! That worthy of perchypanther. 👏🏻

woody2000

Brickset means brickset

Let’s hope it’s Strong and Stable

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Rickoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

martinhutch

Get aaaart of my Public Accounts Committee!

jekkyl

who cares

colp

They’ll probably fill the funding gap with a Grant.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Decent value given the viewing figures, how long they got out of the last one and exports etc.

You might think as they’re not ‘real’ houses etc they’d cost less, but they’re more than just houses with 3 walls.

stevied
    Free Member

They’ll probably <strong>Phil</strong> the funding gap with a Grant.
    Missed an opportunity there…

maccruiskeen

You might think as they’re not ‘real’ houses etc they’d cost less, but they’re more than just houses with 3 walls.

Indeed – you can’t take the garbage we build and furnish real houses out of into a working TV studio. Especially not a standing set for a soap opera.

Anything I’ve built that looks like a house cost more than a house to build (if you discount land value and utilities), but looking like a house is only one of the jobs it has to do.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

and the upstairs of the Queen Vic will still be backwards, based on the layout the living room shouldn’t overlook the square……..bugs me more than it should

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Decent value given the viewing figures, how long they got out of the last one and exports etc.

Given what ITV must be getting and the surrounding area on Corrie tours it could be a good investment – the point from above on reasons was also down to some of it was inflation and other was that it’s the unpredictable nature of working on brownfield sites

perchypanther
    Free Member

Well done! That worthy of perchypanther

That was much better than the dross I usually churn out

bedmaker

I wondered what the guys who did the Scottish Parly and the trams were up to these days.

scotroutes

I wondered what the guys who did the Scottish Parly and the trams were up to these days.

Crossrail

Speeder

Should have taken the opportunity to can the whole thing rather than spend millions to extend the misery. Hatefull programme.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

BBC produces hardly anything I want to watch these days. Eastenders is, like all soaps, a pile of shit.

JP

sirromj

Unbealevable.

maccruiskeen

Unbealevable.

I know. 3.5p per viewer hour. Holby City costs nearly treble that 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Unbealevable

Well played 😉

I don’t know watts fowler, the fact that you made that pun or the fact that I laughed at it. Took me a minute to cotton on.
    This sort of thing gets on peoples wicks and makes them want to legg it.

colp

Perchy! You’ll be setting off my Ang-ina!

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s your motivation here druid?

Anti-licence fee?

jimmy

But they’re nice clean gaffs, not just any old dirty den.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘For £87m you think they might have built some REAL houses’ is closed to new replies.