Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Footpaths on Cadair Idris
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Nope, not the Minifford one, this one below to the north of the Pony Path. We’re staying at a hostel in Kings and planning on riding Cadair Idris on Saturday. It’s either an 18 mile drive round to the bottom of the bridleway OR we take our bikes up the footpath – which seems like a better idea.

Will we die?

rocketman
    Free Member

It’ll be ok if you enjoy carrying your bike

Worth the drive to the bridleway ime

Rorschach
    Free Member

OR we take our bikes up the footpath

And ride the 18miles back on the road?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fathomer

I’m pretty sure that’s the way I walked up last year, as said, it’d be a long carry. It would however make a nice cheeky descent!

I’d head to the bridalway, it’s quite a nice climb.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What he’s actually asking is.Should I ride down the footpath?
    And we all know the answer to that.

flyingmonkeycorps

We’ll do the bridleway as well – up to the top from the hostel, down to the bottom of the bridleway, back up then down the footpath.

Has to be better than sitting in a van, right?

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhxoWGtEA08[/video]

mahalo

did you forget to start the camera for the top bit… 😉

Klunk
    Free Member
    soobalias
    Free Member

having done up/down the bw once. I don’t think I would like to descend it first….. maybe the second descent would entice me

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I’ve tried it twice. First time we bailed due the awful weather halfway up, then finally got a cracking day last year. Not a bad day out.

Oh yeah, the summit is a Rock jungle.

mahalo

rode it last week from Abergynolwyn. must admit 2 thirds up i was cursing myself how uninteresting the ride back down would be, but then it got pretty steep & rocky, pretty quickly!! I took it all the way to the summit but visibility was bobbins so i didnt hang about and attempted to ride the whole thing, mostly tripodding the top section tho, but eventually it becomes nice and fast, loose and sketchy in places, just survived the arm pump on the armoured path bit and even really enjoyed drifting back down the zippy grassy bit back to the road… also took another grassy shortcut on the way back down to Llanfihangel which chopped off a chunk boring road section id climbed up… enjoyed it, and id be keen to do it again from another angle.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Footpaths on Cadair Idris’ is closed to new replies.