Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 2,605 total)
  • Football – 2023/24 Season
  • PrinceJohn

I’ve said it before – Ten Hag cannot manage egos – look at the treatment of Sancho & other players when they butt heads.

I’m sure the same thing happens at City & Liverpool but it’s handled internally away from the press & the both teams are all the better for it.

dander

There’d have been plenty of egos at Ajax, being Dutch, and he did well there.

Several managers before him have failed to turn United round. At least now they seem to be putting a structure together which all the other top clubs seem to have. Might bear fruit in the long run, but ETH will be long gone by then.

On TNT last night they said United have conceded the most shots of any side in Europes top 5 leagues in 2024. So they’re actually doing quite well to be 6th!

MSP

I think they are very lucky to be 6th, one month somehow ETH was “manager of the month” and Maquire “player of the month, but while they had lucked out in results the performances were still really poor, I don’t see how anyone selecting them for the award had actually seen united play that month.

binners

So they’re actually doing quite well to be 6th!

We’re like Spurs were last season. Absolutely bloody awful but somehow still inexplicably in the mix. Personally I think we’ll finish 7th or 8th. We’re a mile off the top four (five?) and the completely shambolic displays on the pitch mean we now need to be looking over our shoulder at the 4 or 5 teams who could easily overhall us. We could potentially finish 10th and maybe thats not a bad thing. Does anyone really want Thursday nights in Kazakhstan?

I’m dreading Sunday. It could potentially be even worse than last year

I think they are very lucky to be 6th, one month somehow ETH was “manager of the month” and Maquire “player of the month

We were as baffled by that as everybody else and also wondered if the people making that call had  actually watched us play?

PrinceJohn

I’m dreading Sunday. It could potentially be even worse than last year

They’ll raise their game & make it tricky for Liverpool – Man U are better against the better teams as they have less of the ball & can sit deep & hit them on the break.

dander

Yep, they still set up like they did under Ole, and that’s probably the most damning indictment of Ten Hag. No change in style, plan, tactics, despite massive investment, and players of his choosing being brought in.

binners

Its all a bit weird though, isn’t it? At the back end of last season it looked like it was coming together and we looked half decent. So the assumption was that with a few key signings and a clearout of all the dross, then we could kick on.

But there was no clearout. We’ve still got the same useless donkeys stealing a living (Tony Martial – remember him? – is still picking up a quarter of a million a week), the signings have been woeful AGAIN (Antony at 85 million is comically bad)

So we’ve just gone backwards at a rate of knots. The defence is a shambles, the attack is toothless and nobody really looks like they know what it is they’re actually meant to be doing, as a result of which they all look like they just given up and can’t be arsed. Look at Rashford. Last season he was unplayable. This season he’s looked like Paul Pogba. Like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world rather than on a football pitch.

ElShalimo

This article on Footy finances is equally eye-opening and mind-boggling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68713522

ManU and Chelsea are complete basket cases. I’m surprised to see Brighton’s net debt so high given the last 10 years of buying cheap and selling for a big profit

PrinceJohn

This season he’s looked like Paul Pogba. Like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world rather than on a football pitch.

He’s not the only one though & that has to be down to the manager – he’s rubbed too many players up the wrong way

ElShalimo

He’s not the only one though & that has to be down to the manager – he’s rubbed too many players up the wrong way

Rubbish – they are professional sports people earning bazillions to just do their job. They should just get on with the job at hand like millions of normal people do. I’m sick of hearing about off-field issues affecting performances. It’s utter bollocks. Do you think that Stacey or Tariq down at Aldi don’t work hard when their cat is poorly?

PrinceJohn

Have you ever worked for a poor manager? Someone who isn’t great at their job?

Vs working for someone who nurtures & develops your talents?

Which manager are you going to work harder for? It’s all relative to the world around you.

blackhat
    Free Member

As a Gooner I am in one of those uncomfortable spots of wishing Man Utd every success on Sunday

ElShalimo

I’ve worked under several shit managers, that’s just corporate life.

I also have self-respect and respect for my colleagues,  so I don’t use a poor manager or a poorly run project as an excuse for my personal performance.

argee

Is the curse of Harry Kane real, Bayern lost again after being 2-0 up today, Leverkusen are now 16 points ahead with 6 games to play, one win away from their first ever Bundesliga, after 11 Bayern titles in a row 🤣

binners

Bayern lost again after being 2-0 up today

Spursy?

martinhutch

Could this finally be the ‘no bottling it’ Arsenal season? If Liverpool trip up tomorrow we’re in for a belter of a run in.

binners

Absolutely top notch shithousery from Magaluf holiday rep Ben White today. Embarrassing.

Caher

Looks like fair play fine magnets Reading, gave Lincoln a kick up the cathedrals. Keep this form up we’ll make the coveted mid table of obscurity spot.

Isn’t Ben White famous for his disinterest in football?

binners

he seemed more interested in  Wrestlemania style amateur dramatics today

ElShalimo

He’s not a maverick, he’s just a very naughty boy

binners

Looks like we haven’t even got our third string defence today with Varane, Evans and Lindeloff added to the injury list. We’re apparently starting Kambwala in the centre alondside slabhead and a 17 year old, Amass, in his first premier league game at left back. Coping with Salah is going to be a baptism of fire.

With that cobbled together defence its a good job we’re not facing someone who’s pretty handy in the final third

This could be really, really, really bad

argee

At least Rashfords back in the starting 11 and up for tracking back and helping out 😁

binners

I look forward to watch him jog around aimlessly

dander

Amass is on the bench Binners? Dalot at left back. United need to sit in and fire long balls over the full backs for Rashford and Garnacho – often bears fruit with Liverpool’s high line.

dogbone

Great win for Athletic last night, especially after losing 5 finals.

They’re going to need a bigger barge!

Caher

Rashford is a bit  like Timo Werner without the goal threat.

binners

Looks like this has the potential to be even more nuts than the last meeting

argee

Great win for Athletic last night, especially after losing 5 finals.

They’re going to need a bigger barge!

Yeah, they’ve waited a long time for that trophy, and can now mention the barge at last 🤣

martinhutch

Ah well.

Any predictions on what Utd’s goal difference will be after this? It was already -1 going into the match, which is pretty unusual.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Well I was about to come on here to post that Man Utd had started well….

martinhutch

Absolutely top notch shithousery from Magaluf holiday rep Ben White today. Embarrassing.

Just saw the clip of this. Why can’t we deal with these cheating tossers with VAR and a retrospective ban?

argee

Don’t worry Binners, i firmly believe ManU will have a shot in the second half 🤣

binners

You were saying…? 😂

argee

It’s all gone a bit mental, Liverpool really have been shooting themselves in the foot this last month!

theotherjonv

Technically I want Liverpool to win because they’re not rivals for Newcastle and the European spots. But watching Klopp lose his shit is never not enjoyable.

Watty

. . . so it’s always enjoyable? I never not want Liverpool to lose 🤯

dazh

Excellent weekend for the toon. With our run in 6th place is looking very achievable, which would be a minor miracle given the injuries and other stuff which has held us back. Still don’t understand the idiots who want Howe out, I’ve lost count how many times we’ve bounced back after everything was looking lost. 🤔

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh dear.   Can’t help thinking double bubble for the toffees is unfair.  And ridiculous that the appeal will be held after the season ends.

argee

This years relegation battle will be even more interesting with the EPL just docking points every week, maybe they could do it like a cup draw, out of a velvet bag 🤣

Still makes me laugh the whole FFP, the only value it had was to stop clubs being mismanaged and run into the ground, but the way it’s being used could cause clubs that are able to handle the debts to be run into the ground due to relegation, if they really wanted FFP in our game, they’d have wage cap and transfer cap that all teams can work within, imagine ManU, ManC and so on hitting the market with £50 million max transfer budget each year, yeah, i don’t think the EFL can either.

andy5390

And ridiculous that the appeal will be held after the season ends.

As much as  I have no love for Everton, any appeals should be held within the season that points are deducted. Or, start them on -2 points next season.

If they are relegated because of those 2 points, then successfully appeal, there’ll be a shitstorm of litigation

Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 2,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM