Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Food Processors
  • mogrim

Want a food processor – it’s a pressie for me, not for the wife. I’d like cutting and slicing, dough making, the usual – not bothered about it cooking for me.

Any recommendations? Is buying a food processor like buying a computer, 200GBP of one brand is pretty competitive with 200GBP of another?

organic355
    Free Member

Can you say MAGIMIX?

andyha
    Free Member

[/url]

TooTall
    Free Member

Look at the power of the motor and the warranty.

I’ve got a 30 year old Kenwood Chef – good for mixing stuff (I was given it).
    The Magimix I bought is just awesomeness for the sheer power and smoothness – chops, shreds, doughs, the lot.

mogrim

That’s got a real industrial look to it, proper professional stuff.

Amazon has a titanium Kenwood, now that would be cool. 600GBP, though 😯

And I can say MAGIMIX. Are they better than Moulinex, Kenwood etc. then?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Get a magimix. you’ll find them heavily reduced on boxing day.
    The missus uses ours for all sorts creating and it does all that you could want it to. Makes good cake…if you like that sort of thing

warton
    Free Member

Uplink, that’s a mixer not a processor. Great for bread, not so great for grating carrots

bakey

I really fancy the Kitchenaid processor:
    Kitchenaid Food Processor

mogrim

Get a magimix. you’ll find them heavily reduced on boxing day.
    The missus uses ours for all sorts creating and it does all that you could want it to. Makes good cake…if you like that sort of thing

No Boxing Day here, have to wait ’til after Jan 6th. And I do like making cakes.

Magimix to the top of the list, then.

uplink, nice looking thing but no slicing ‘n dicing attachment…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Got a Kenwood Chef. it’s the dog’s. Yes, in it’s natve form it’s “just” a (powerful) mixer, but with attachments, it becomes a pasta maker, mill, sausage maker, power sieve (paddles force the soup or whatever through the sieve, juice extractor, ice creram maker, food processor. comes with whisk, beater and dough hook as well as liquidiser. Come to think of it, it deserves a mention in the what amazes you thread

ugly fecker though, had to invest in a cover as well

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mum’s got one of those Kenwood Chefs (as in the picture). It’s probably not been used for 20 years…. think it’s time for a raid! Wonder if you can still get bits for them??

jp-t853

The John Lewis own brand food processor is fantastic and a great bargain too.

It is very robust and I suspect it is made by Kitchen Aid. £115 is a steal it is unlikely to be reduced in their sale but you never know.

http://www.johnlewis.com/230855930/Product.aspx

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Food Processors’ is closed to new replies.