Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Food labels. Dodgy or not?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I was in a popular budget German supermarket. Usually take an interest in where food comes from and saw this.

Now, it clearly shows the country flag and it’s also written on the label so probably legal but does anyone else think it’s a bit questionable? The flag is half covered and union jack is very prominent. If one was just glancing and grabbing, or weren’t that up on your flags then it’s easy to miss. Is this a bit dodgy or am I being over sensitive?

jam-bo

It’s marked in 4 different ways that it’s from New Zealand.

what more would you want?

dannybgoode

Its clearly the New Zealand flag. Really, if that’s triggering you right now then I’d seek help 😀

aP
    Free Member

It is the actual flag of that country. Maybe they should just put a picture of Tim Finn on instead so it’s obvious it’s from NZ?

ste_t
    Free Member

How the **** can they make it any clearer where it’s come from?!

slowoldman

Although that heart shaped flag below is a bit suspect.

zilog6128

As above, the shelf labelling indicates it’s been farmed in the UK which is obviously not correct

munkeymadness
    Free Member

I believe red tractor is British farm assurance only, so no problem with packaging but the shelf label is not correct

Edit. Zilog beat me too it

scotroutes

The only “questionable” bit is the shelf labelling. The actual packaging is fine.

tjagain

If the beast arrives here alive and spends a day in the UK before slaughter its considered british IIRC

scotroutes

Slaughtered in NZ

It’s right there on the packaging.

Anyone else fancy a lamb steak for dinner now?

breadcrumb

union jack

Union flag 😉

That ain’t no boat..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Food labels. Dodgy or not?’ is closed to new replies.