• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by BillMC.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Food gift recommendations?
  • dhague

Need to buy gifts for my mum & brother. We’re all at the life stage where we have enough “stuff”, and so we prefer gifts that are somehow consumable or experience-based. Previously we have got gift boxes of tinned fish (better than it sounds!), cheese, charcuterie, sushi lessons, etc. We are all foodies of one sort or another – brother enjoys cooking, we all enjoy eating out. We live several hours from each other, so it’s not always easy to meet up.

Does anyone have any ideas for food-related or otherwise consumable gifts?

alexpalacefan

I one got a voucher from Sous Chef, highly recommended.

APF

ton

people in my family have been told only to buy me food and drink this xmas. it is greatly appreciated.
    so today i was looking at various hampers and graze board gift sets.
    i do hope someone sees my browsing history.

gringo

The bacon naan roll kit from Dishoom is great if you’re within delivery range.

I got bought a subscription from the Spicery which has been pretty decent too.

beej

https://cocoarunners.com/ , we got given a tasting pack and chocolate board last Christmas, really enjoyed it.

maccruiskeen

Simple Simon Pies  do mail order, various bundles and e-gift cards – I can’t see it straight away but in the past I’ve been able to buy people pie subscriptions where a bunch of pies would get sent out every few weeks.

dhague

Some great suggestions there, thanks! Leaning towards the Dishoom bacon naan kit for my brother, and a pie selection for mum. And starting to feel peckish for some reason…

Robz
    Free Member

Made in Oldstead.
    Dishpatch
    Etc

ElShalimo

Look at Courtyard Dairy

Mighty fine zoom based cheese tasting evenings… You can add wine too😍😍😍

mrwhyte
    Free Member

How about a migrateful gift voucher for some cooking classes?
    They work with migrants and refugees to help integrate them but also to share their own culture through cooking classes. My brother in law and his wife did one last year as we got them some vouchers. They loved it! Cooked a huge Jamaican feas and went home with all the recipes.

Migrateful Gift Vouchers

petefromearth

Dishpatch (mentioned above) is excellent, we’ve used them maybe a dozen times as our “posh meal out” substitute (because young kids).

They’ve all been exceptionally good and a few times the portions have been so generous it’s fed us for two meals.

Basically they’re high end meal kits from some decent London restaurants. We’ve bought a few as gifts for people too.

Ps. If anyone fancies trying it I might be able to get us both a voucher code for referring someone.

bikesandboots

Lochinver pies, although there’s a minimum order of 12 so unless you’re especially generous with your gifting, you’ll have to top up the order with some pies for yourself.

BillMC
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.