Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Font – worth taking the MTB?
  • rsl1
    Free Member

Hi all, going bouldering in Font in May but I don’t have the forearms for a whole week of solid climbing – are there any decent trails there worth the effort of hiding my bike in the car boot?

Any tips on where to go/how to find the trails if they exist would be greatly appreciated!

Shackleton

From memory it is all pretty damn flat and no idea about access.

Just do what I do in Font. Do a problem, then spend 10 minutes lying on a mat eating baguette. Pacing myself like this I can mange a  week. To be honest the skin on my finger tips usually gives out first!

Shackleton

A quick Google suggests that there is some, maybe even lots.

breninbeener

we did some forest type riding coupled with geocache with kids when we went. there was lots of making it up as we went along…this was about 7yrs ago

rickmeister

get a forest map, its a big forest and it all looks the same

hardtailonly

Went a few years ago pre-kids, and again later with kids. Lots of forest tracks & trails so you will probably be able to string things together. We didn’t really go to ‘go mountain-biking’, rather just bimbling around so wasn’t really noticing the quality / technical challenge as such. I would say it’s worth taking the bikes if you just want to do something different and happy to mooch around & explore, but can’t guarantee its a MTB Mecca!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Font – worth taking the MTB?’ is closed to new replies.