Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Following Dave's advice. Reducing debt by selling car. To Fleabay or not?
  • wingnuts

After shocking p/x offer from dealer going to sell Mrs W’s Peugeot 206cc. Already on Autotrader but considering EBay and other places. Any ideas?

RustyNissanPrairie

put it on Ebay as a classified-costs £15 for a month with no selling feess once sold.

Autotrader was a nightmare for us selling an MX5 – nothing but scammers and time wasters.

Pistonheads is free for adverts but didnt bring us any interest.
    Gumtree as above.

Sold it through ebay in the end but took awhile.

nickf
    Free Member

Whereas I’ve never had a problem with Autotrader, accepting that you do get idiot salesmen offering to “put you in touch with several interested purchasers”…….just tell them to get lost. Only takes a few seconds.

Never taken me more than a week to sell a car with AT.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

‘ow much?

I’ve always done fine on autotrader and only ever wasted money on ebay

wingnuts

£3400 Charlie. A lovely car. I’ve never had issue with AT. Just need space as got roofing works on the go. Another friend had success on eBay with a £10k Audi and was tempted.

user-removed
    Free Member

Mine’s back on the classifieds here after a week on ebay and a complete time-wasting cock-knuckle. Won the auction, didn’t pay the £100 deposit and ignored all emails. When I eventually phoned him he started crying about his son’s birthday and said he didn’t know when he’d be able to pick it up – he’s in Liverpool, I’m near Durham.

2nd chance offers sent out, but not holding out any hope there. Really, really bloody frustrating 👿

chojin
    Free Member

i’ve had great success selling cars through pistonheads – it’s free, so there’s nothing to lose!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Following Dave's advice. Reducing debt by selling car. To Fleabay or not?’ is closed to new replies.