Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Follow the Dog
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

anyone here ridden the new section? (silly quesion, i guess loads have)

Whats with the 3 random jumps/drops?

there is no landing?

I’m sure a lot of effort went into building them, and the rest of the new section an the rest of FtD ranks very highly IMO, but i cant for the life of me work out how i’m suposed to ride them? It alway seems to result in flat landing?

Ditto the log ride, as far as I can see it’s an uphill drop to flat?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah that whole section lacks a bit of flow, those droppy jump things are just odd. and the last bit after the climb has a severe lack of camber, on the whole i like what stu and the boys have done but there are a few strange sections. of course if you know where to go there are better bits 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

realy? i though it flowed quite nicely, although there are a few wheel swallowing bumps (are they meant to be doubles?)

Never gone i search if the cheeky stuff, generaly only get ad hour and a half or so while the parents walk th dog etc, just enough time for a complete lap and ride back up past the lake to do the last 4 sectons or so again. (the bermed one, the open bit, the woody bit and the realy twisty bit, im sure theres propper names)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if you can, get a willing local to show you the other side, monkey trail etc. well worth it

st

The 3 drops are a bit funny aren;t they? This section was one of the first to be built by a contractor (to Chase Trails plans) and there was a bit of experimentation. The same contractor is now working through Phase 2 of our work and as part of the briefing for this new trail those 3 jumps were reviewed and we discussed what we did and didn’t like about them. It’s all part of our learning, we may at some point in the future revise bits like this by hand but have our work cut out right now.

For the time being I roll them and make a bit of an effort on the last one.

As far as the log ride goes that’s just the way it is. A couple of years ago a storm took done a load of trees which closed the trail, as the debris was cleared one tree had fallen parallel to the trail and seemed ideal as an extra little feature so we used it, the lie of it means that it does have a very slight incline but hey, that just adds to the technical nature of it.

Stu
    http://www.chasetrails.co.uk

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

glad to know its not just me!

keep up the good work and i’ll try and blag a local guide next time im up there.

As for easy beginner jumps, i always found step ups rather than downs easier as everything is visible, and if you fekup you tend to stop rather than crash.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Follow the Dog’ is closed to new replies.