Follow the Dog Last Section – Does anyone know…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Follow the Dog Last Section – Does anyone know…..
  • Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

….when or if the last section (Rock’n’Rollers) will ever open again?

I’m pretty sure it’s been closed for well over 12 months now, although I’m happy to be corrected about that, so was wondering what was happening with it as the current finish is a bit of a letdown after a the rest of the ride.

It would be good to know what he state of play is.

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

IIRC there was something going on with the Forestry Commission, i forget the specifics.

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

Ah right, cheers Bill. I remember someone having a pretty bad stack on there just before they closed it for maintenance, wonder if it’s related?

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

…it exists only in your memory now…

Subscriber

LOL, I’m beginning to think I imagined it.

Premier Icon prawny
    Subscriber

The rollers have gone, the route is being completely redesigned. I think there was a wait once they d designed it to get it signed off, then it had to be cleared, then it had to be built. From memory I think they’re at the clearing stage now, it will probably be the end of this summer at the earliest before it’s finished. With bedding in time probably next spring fOr actual opening.

This is all inferred from Facebook posts. I have no concrete info.

Subscriber

Cheers prawny, sounds promising. Makes sense why it’s taking a little while in that case.

Premier Icon lawman91
    Subscriber

From memory its been close to 2 years or more, fairly convinced it’s been closed on the last 2 demo days I’ve been on there, which are every March time. Shame as it’s a good section of trail!

postierich

Apparently grand opening is on the 1st of April just in time for the new permits!!

Subscriber

Ooh, perfect timing, it should help me remember to renew my permit at the same time. Forgot this year and the fine was crazy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.