Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Folding Camping Chair
  • keppoch

I want to buy a folding camping chair, one of the new sort that goes really small, like this:

Example folding camping chair

Can anyone recommend a particular model? Would like to spend <£40 and get it from Amazon as no time to shop around elsewhere.

Would prefer one that has a decent weight limit, weight not critical.

malgrey
    Free Member

I was fortunate to get a Helinox, the original they’re copied from, fairly cheap a few years ago. Lots of friends have the cheaper copies. Mostly they’re just fine, the most likely issue is that the little rubber feet fall off. However, if you are using it a lot (as I do), the extra may be worth spending, especially if you could get a discount. Mine has proven to be extremely tough and durable, and has been dragged all over Britain and bits of Scandinavia. For more occasional use, the rest all seem suspiciously similar!

One thing to note. All of them suffer from sinking in soft ground. There are various solutions to this, from tennis balls stuck on the feet, via struts of wood fastened to them, and jam jar lids. I don’t bother with any of them, so allow my friends the entertainment of watching me sink, normally back feet first…

simondbarnes

I have one of these…

https://www.tauntonleisure.com/helinox-chair-one.html

Can’t fault it other than the price.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

I bought similar off eBay tho mine has higher back with headrest. Still packs away into shoebag size. Not th most comfortable and not sure how long it’ll last. Mine was a non-branded job c£25.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I bought a cheap one off ebay (or it may have been Amazon) and it’s fine, and a bit higher seat than some of the expensive ones.

lank45
    Free Member

The one you’ve linked will be fine and is a decent price, use mine a lot and it’s just a Helinox copy. The one we got came with the base mat to stop it sinking into the ground, the chair was cheaper than the official helinox mat!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Folding Camping Chair’ is closed to new replies.