Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FoD tomorrow (14th April)… Anybody around?
  • Premier Icon mboy
    Free Member

Got the rest of the week off, none of my mates have. Gonna head down the FoD tomorrow probably with my eBike (doesn’t have to be) for an explore of some of the newer trails that have gone in or been repaired during lockdown… Off Piste stuff rather than Pedalabikeaway trail centre stuff…

Nothing fixed yet, but anybody else free who fancies a socially distanced (and responsible) exploration ride @ FoD tomorrow then let shout up.

Premier Icon doomanic

I should be there in the afternoon with a mate, both on eBikes.

Not sure what we’re planning on riding yet, but it will be off-piste.

Premier Icon zerocool

Deleted due to being an idiot and misreading what you posted

Premier Icon mboy
    Free Member

Doomanic, happy to ride in the afternoon… Where do you usually park up? What sort of time you getting there?

Premier Icon doomanic

Parking depends on where we’re riding but we both have discovery passes. Of you want to ride the new trails around Wasteland we can either park at PABA or the Stoneworks layby.

I work until 1:30 so it would be 2:45-3:00 by the time I’m ready to ride.

Premier Icon remedyflyer
    Free Member

Three off the Dowies are fine and the Bluebell trails are good shutcastle is still out with felling nice down there Sunday bit slick in places should be good now.

Premier Icon mboy
    Free Member

Was there Saturday myself. Bumped into Dowie at the top of the trails and had a chat with him for a few mins, he’s spent quite a bit of time clearing he said. Murdochs was still covered in branches at the top, though could ride round it to finish the trail. Found that Shutcastle trails mostly rideable too… We rode whilst it was dry and conditions were superb, started raining 15 mins before the end of our ride and was already quite greasy by that point!

Premier Icon remedyflyer
    Free Member

Saw Murdochs was covered went up the track to right of it that was a nightmare full of branches Dowies 5 as I call it was felled never went over to shutcastle there is a lot of new trails about so someone was saying Yorkley etc.

Premier Icon enigmas
    Free Member

Plenty of new tracks around the enduro tracks and frying pan side over the road. I’ve dug two over the winter and seen several other people up there with shovels as well.

Premier Icon tetrode

Had a quick spin at Mallards this lunchtime. Haven’t done much exploring there since I moved to the fod last summer. Did Blackpool Flydown for the first time which was a ton of fun, just the right amount of steepness, but that cliff drop at the bottom of it is no joke. Not sure I’ll be attempting that any time soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.