Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FOD locals, what are my…
  • bsims
    Free Member

chances of getting to Cannop tomorrow? I usually go down the M50 etc to Goodrich then across to Lydbrook, up through the village and down the other side.

If this isn’t passable, is there another recommended route or should I go somewhere else?

Thanks

Shergie
    Free Member

M50 to monmouth then up through staunton. The goodrich bridge is still shut and will be for a long time. The other option is head down through the forest from Gloucester and across?
    Its still very damp down here…

bigblackshed

The drawbridges have been partially lifted.

Kerne Bridge (Goodrich) could still be closed, Lower Lydbrook also will be impassable ATM.

Your best bet is M50 / A40 to Monmouth, the Wye Bridge is now open, Staunton, then turn at Upper Lydbrook for Cannop. Or you could turn back toward Gloucester at the end of the M50, turn just after Weston-Under-Penyard for Drybrook, Cinderford junction, towards Coleford, then turn at Upper Lydbrook for Cannop. Not a quick road that though.

Everything bar the trail centre will be very wet. Dowies has had forestry work, I think it is still ongoing, and will be a bog-fest.

psling
    Free Member

Go your usual way.

Kerne Bridge is clear, Lower Lydbrook is clear. There’s a bit of standing water between Kerne Bridge and Lower Lydbrook but easily passable with care.

(I work by Kerne Bridge and went home by your route past the Cycle Centre this evening).

The trails are messy though, there may be some trail closures and there will likely be debris on the trails so take care and enjoy.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Wellies.

cymohndee
    Free Member

Yes, all roads are passable on your route at the moment. Don’t bother to wash your car (or bike!) before you go though….

bsims
    Free Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I never made it in the end – car broke down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FOD locals, what are my…’ is closed to new replies.