Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Foam grips for Drops?
  • cookeaa

I’ve just been looking at some Zenith Foam Extra Long Grips, with a view to using them on the drops of my SS road bike rather than tape, I’m thinking they might help to take the edge off of the rather harsh ride it’s got…

Or are they just for people who are too lazy to sort their tape and hipsters?

Experiences, opinions or aimless abuse please…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Seen them only plenty of touring bikes esp ones with butterfly bats, that do serious miles. They do feel comfy but I’ve not put any miles on them to confirm.

I have however used the specialized gel pads that go under bar tape and they are excellent.

eskay

That is old school, I can remember people having foam grips on drops when I was at school (in the ’80s)!

cookeaa

These are the bad boys I was eying up, pretty cheap might be worth a punt, they are ineed intended for both Drops and butterfly bars at 420mm each I might be able to cut them in half and basically have two pairs.

I’ve just taken delivery of some Nice compact drops and some Cork tape, but I’m toying with the idea of going fixed and only having a front brake, with a hinged clamp lever on the tops. Meaning a full uninterupted, wrap or full length grips without any drop levers to worry about, which would be nice, simple and quite “clean” looking…

good points shep their Durability could be questionable for a commuter especially if they pick up a scrape along the way, and Gel pads might be a better way to kill some of the Jarring and buzz… Cheers .

eskay

Just remembered that they were often seen on bikes with up turned drops!

ton

oxford sell em at car disount places….£4.99 a pair iirc.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Spesh bar phat for me. Just Takes the edge off the worst of shagged roads

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Foam grips for Drops?’ is closed to new replies.