Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Flying to Nice with bikes?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

I know Easyjet go from Liverpool to Nice but not sure I really trust them to not completely lose our bikes or break them! Has anybody flown with anyone with their bikes who was great and worth paying a little extra for?

Chew
    Free Member

It makes no difference who you fly with as its the airport staff who will be handing your bike.

Never had any issues after many flights.

Biggest bit of advice would be to check in as early as possible. It takes more effort to move your bike around the airport compared to normal luggage.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I think losing bikes is more down to the airport than the airline – between bag drop and the hold of the aircraft and viceversa at the far end – there’s actually no contact with airline staff for luggage.

I’ve flown to Nice with a bike from MAN, LBA (Jet2) and LTN (Easyjet) and used Easyjet for a number of other biking holidays with no issues. All much of a muchness.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheGingerOne

Flown with Easyjet and my bike 5 or 6 times to Mallorca, plus out to the Alps and Basque and not once has my bike been lost or damaged. Once, it turned up a day late, but that was because the hold doors broke so they could not get all the luggage on the plane. It could happen on any plane, so I don’t blame Easyjet.

I have no qualms using Easyjet and they are my “go to” carrier for Europe with my bike

GolfChick
    Free Member

actually yeah very fair point about it being airport staff not the airline specifically! Easyjet it is, already experienced the joy of it flying to Vancouver with the bikes.

eazyd74
    Free Member

Flew to Nice with KLM last year. Think it cost about £80 for the bike. Bikes arrived unscathed. Just make sure you use a good bike bag as the handlers were spotted throwing the bikes around like trash. Going back again this year, but with BA. Going to cost £130 for the bike this time.

stevious

We flew back from Nice with our bikes in big clear poly bags and the bikes took a bit of a beating. Haven’t had similar problems with other airports.

If it’s in a good bag/box you’ll probably be fine though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Flying to Nice with bikes?’ is closed to new replies.