Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • fluid leak on formula the ones… HELP!!!!
  • spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Help, I seen to have broken my front brake

I was trying to straighen the caliper as it was rubbing on the disc. I had pushed back both the pistons and then pushed the lever a few times. The feel has now gone spongey and I can see fluid coming from under the bar clamp. When I took off the lever and pressed down on the level a small amount of fluid comes out of the middle hole

I am guessing a seal has gone but what one and can I fix it myself?

Northwind

Not neccesarily… The diaphragm on The Ones vents out through that cap, and it’s possible for old fluid or even random water to gather in it, which gets pushed out when you back up the calipers. So it may not be leaking at all (or, perhaps, not by a worrisome amount, I suspect the bellows is slightly permeable) OTOH yes the diaphragm does sometimes puncture especially on the first year model- they changed it slightly to make it smaller, which I think prevents it contacting the inside of the m/c.

The only part that can have failed to cause a leak there is the diaphragm though and it seems to be £2.50, easily replaced too though you might need circlip/pin pliars. I have no idea why it caused bleed issues when mine went, but it did, mine is not to reason why…

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Cheers northwind, you have allayed my fears.

I decided to have another go and it seems ok at the mo

Thanks again!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘fluid leak on formula the ones… HELP!!!!’ is closed to new replies.