Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flow Motor Insurance, any horror stories?
  • sturdylad
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again when I spend an inordinate amount of time searching for a good deal on car insurance.

All the comparison sites, including moneysavingexpert’s new comparison comparing tool show Flow as the cheapest by £100.

It’s a sub brand of LV= so a reputable company behind them

So has anyone used them and if so anything to look out for?

The major difference I can see is that they don’t do ‘driving other cars’ but in reality I’m not sure that’s really a problem these days.

I throw this out to the ever knowledgeable STW hive!

Thanks JB

TheFlyingOx

I’m not 100% sure how insurance works but I once had a policy with an Esure subsidiary (I think it was Esure) and when it came to using the policy the actual underwriter was Equity Red Star. My only advice would be check and make sure Equity Red Star are not involved in any way because they were the worst, most unhelpful, most deliberately obtuse company I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Cheeky bump for the morning crowd!

LimboJimbo

I hope not as we’ve just gone with them for this year. Again, cheaper than anywhere else by £80, my renewal with LV had actually gone up by £150.

I suspect that having a sub-brand like Flow allows them to get around the new regs about offering lower prices to win new customers. Just a hunch though, rather than industry knowledge, so take that as you will.

sturdylad
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback and yes it’s a good point.
    Every other quote is within a few pounds and this stands out by miles as the cheapest on every site.

I’ll have another look over the weekend and see if I’ve missed anything before committing.

fossy

Go with the one that isn’t the cheapest that is from someone you have heard of.

dannybgoode

I suspect that having a sub-brand like Flow allows them to get around the new regs about offering lower prices to win new customers. 

Given the ballache which is the FCA’s PS21/5 and all the product governance work that goes with it (ask me how I know!) I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to try this on.

Even if it is LVs attempt to do this it only works for a year as they then will struggle to push the price up at renewal and will just be landed with a book of underpriced car insurance business they don’t want anymore.

An interesting side effect of both the energy price cap and the associated lack of competitive fixed rate deals and PS21/5 making insurance premiums much of a muchness is that the price comparison sites are struggling to identify what they can make serious money on at the moment.

Rich_s

that the price comparison sites are struggling to identify what they can make serious money on at the moment

You say that like it’s a bad thing 😜

Why is 21/5 such a ballache for you?

sturdylad
    Free Member

Well I’ve gone for it too!

Had a good look through the blurb and it looks fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.