Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Flotec Suspension-closed?
  • ad4m
    Free Member

As title says – have they shut up shop then?

Website is down, Google shows it as permanently shut, so looks like it.

mashr

Facebook page is up and running

hainman
    Free Member

Had a mate comment on this last week said he couldn’t get any answer when he foned them all day
    He noticed website was down too but Facebook page was showing as the were open

RickDraper
    Free Member

Yes they have closed I’m afraid.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Not surprised, know 3 people (including me) who had really bad service, he had 2 goes at my fork and it still wasn’t right and ruined a mates set of 36s.

philjunior
    Free Member

Oh FFS I need someone to look at my forks. Any other places that I can send a set of Marzocchis that need the air spring sorted to?

sillyoldman

Ben at Basecamp or Andy at Stirling Bike Doctor.

submarined
    Free Member

Yes, TF and Silverfish for starters.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

he had 2 goes at my fork and it still wasn’t right and ruined a mates set of 36s.

For the last couple of years Taj has been away spannering for a factory team, leaving others to run his business.

mashr

stevemuzzy

Not surprised, know 3 people (including me) who had really bad service, he had 2 goes at my fork and it still wasn’t right and ruined a mates set of 36s.

Add me to that list. It was an unusual combination of treating the customer like an inconvenience then proceeding to do a half-arsed job that stopped me going back (this was when it was definitely Taj doing the work). Felt bad for the guy that ran the shop in Linlithgow, when he was there, it seemed like he was having to handle quite a lot of flak

Fat-boy-fat

On the subject of who to send your folks to … Andy Laing at Stirling Bike Doctor will do a good job for you. If he can’t handle the level of damage/etc. that you’ve got, he’ll quickly steer you to Silverfish or TFTuned.

mashr

Good to know thanks

whyter

Ah, it wasn’t just me then that got a service then had issues (Reba – bushings had play – “all OK, just needed service” – then gouge on lower stanchion about month later and worse play).  Pity, as the prices were keen vs. TF Tuned etc.

simondbarnes

Pity, as the prices were keen vs. TF Tuned etc.

Maybe there’s a reason TF charge what they do?

DickBarton

John at Greenrig Cycles in Falkirk is rather good at suspension servicing and set up as well. Seems well priced.

alishand

Yup, thirds for Andy at Stirling Bike Doctor.

Also, his instagram is full of wonderful bike repair wizardy – worth a gander.

Stirling Bike Doctor

matt_outandabout

+another for Andy at Stirling bike doctor.

He has done a few forks and couple of shocks with us.

There is a reason he is busy….

benv
    Free Member

Bookmarked.

Used Flotec for servicing and repairs a handful of times in the past and found them pretty efficient, good value and high standard of work each time. Do most work myself these days, but handy to know there are other options.

grislywhite
    Free Member

Really sad to hear. Can only say that I’ve been sending my lad’s suspension to Flotec for the last few years and the workmanship, and customer service from Jules, have been superb.

Has anybody got any experience of Silk in Rotherham or Bounce in Preston (2 dedicated suspension service places nearer home)? Alternatively, anybody who services via mail order and doesn’t have rip-off prices?

Cheers

fathomer

@grislywhite Slik n Slide in Macclesfield are very, very good and roughly in the right area I think?

bruneep

Used https://www.rsfsus.co.uk/ many times been good and very helpful to me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bounce are good and very diligent with their work

poah
    Free Member

They have gone full time with Fox

stanfree
    Free Member

Lewis or gary at Bike and Spanner in Edinburgh are also good with suspension.

infidel
    Free Member

I’ve had good service from j-tech and Tim at Fork English was great though I am not sure if he’s still in business

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Another vote for rick @slickanslide in Macclesfield gvie him a shout on instagram or email/phone, quick turnaround, great knowledge and very friendly and helpful, can post in/drop off/collect etc

jsync

Also another vote for rick @slickanslide in Macclesfield

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Been a massive fan of tf tuned over the years .Ruth is a joy to deal with and Murray always there to help when work was been done however the last few years I’ve had issues with work that was unsatisfactory.but something has changed ..staff perhaps
    Been called dude on the phone might seem cool and light hearted but the relaxed attitude on these 2 last occasions was also reflected in The work .

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi Bigbud,

Thanks for the comments, if there is ever an issue with any aspect of our service then please, always, give me a call. In the meantime I’ll remind the younger members of staff that not everyone speaks ‘yoof’ 😀

Thanks, Ruth@TFT

squirrelking
    Free Member

Andy Laing at Stirling Bike Doctor

Cheers (you and everyone else) for the heads up, that’s just along from my sister in law and a damn sight closer than Dunkeld.

thered

Slick and Slide in Macc you say, not far from me and I never knew.

timmys

Plush is now my go to for squidgy bits

https://www.plushsuspensiontuning.co.uk

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Flotec Suspension-closed?’ is closed to new replies.